Dahua Starlight HDW4231 and BI

dv569656

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have installed BI today on my dedicated Dell OptiPlex I5 4MB ram 250G HD. Brand new installed HDW4231 Dahua Starlight connected to a POE. I have not went into my Time Warner router and port forwarded, it seems like the BI wizard did that. Can you have a look and see if anything looks wrong?
I have been searching for 5 hours on google and youtube for any info, and have tried many settings in BI to no avail. The starlight is not listed in the drop down for dahua. No camera found when searching without ip address. Error is 8000274d refused, check IP and port.

Attachments

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I deleted the images with your external ip....
remote access has nothing to do with viewing locally..
Are you able to view the camera via web browser? did you change the ip address from the default? you need to because your network is on a different subnet.

dv569656

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How do you view via web browser? Change default IP of camera? dahua from factory states 192.168.1.108 , do you mean that one? I just input dahua facory ip into my web browser and page could not be reached. http://192.168.1.108/

I have no micro sd card installed is that a problem?
I tied this ip in my browser and said page could not be reached http://192.168.0.3:81

Last edited:

dv569656

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How do I diagnose the problems I am having? What would be the simplest test to make sure my camera is hooked up to the system. My POE #2 slot has 3 lighted LEDs where this camera in question is plugged into. This dahua does not need the 12 volt adapter plugged in correct? It just runs from the POE power correct?

my dahua ipc-hdpw4231emp-as , was made in China and has no label.

When I shift click the world button It does not take me to my web browser. It says page cannot be reached

I'm thinking this camera is to new since it is not listed in the dahua dropdown within BI

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How do I diagnose the problems I am having? What would be the simplest test to make sure my camera is hooked up to the system. My POE #2 slot has 3 lighted LEDs where this camera in question is plugged into. This dahua does not need the 12 volt adapter plugged in correct? It just runs from the POE power correct?

my dahua ipc-hdpw4231emp-as , was made in China and has no label.

When I shift click the world button It does not take me to my web browser. It says page cannot be reached

I'm thinking this camera is to new since it is not listed in the dahua dropdown within BI
Your issues is improper network setup. Its got nothing to do with BI..you simply need to use dahua rtsp in bi, there no need for an exact model.
Your network is 192.168.0.x
the camera is set default to 192.168.1.108..
the devices cannot see each other...you will have to change one of them.
There are many threads discussing how to do it..
connect pc and camera ONLY to the switch..change the pc ipv4 address to 192.168.0.100 then you will be able to login to the camera and set an ip address within your range.

dv569656

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I changed the ipv4 address to 192.168.0.100 and left the DNS server blank that was below the ipv4 info. I also connected the computer directly to the POE along with the camera. I had BI search for the camera when I left the ip blank and it found nothing. Do I need to install the little mini CD dahua sent me to access the camera? The OptiPlex dell has no CD reader. Day 2 I will keep reading and trying. I emailed BI and am awaiting a response.

RTSP port open? Is this a problem when BI tells me this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I changed the ipv4 address to 192.168.0.100 and left the DNS server blank that was below the ipv4 info. I also connected the computer directly to the POE along with the camera. I had BI search for the camera when I left the ip blank and it found nothing. Do I need to install the little mini CD dahua sent me to access the camera? The OptiPlex dell has no CD reader. Day 2 I will keep reading and trying. I emailed BI and am awaiting a response.

RTSP port open? Is this a problem when BI tells me this?
No... Don't use bi untill you can view the camera via browser..Once again your issue has nothing to do with bi...Its a basic network error.. Support won't help you..

dv569656

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok downloading the dahua software and will report back

dv569656

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok headway! I downloaded the dahua software and connected computer to poe and camera to poe, nothing connecte to router. I changed the camera IP to 192.168.0.4 along with subnet 255.255.255.0 and gateway 192.168.0.1. Then clicked the Explorer icon in the dahua software and my camera came up!!!
Now I disconnected the computer from the POE and connected it to the router and clicked the internet explorer in Dahua and it cannot find page??
What changed?? Why cant it see the camera when I hook computer up to the router?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That ip may be dedicated to something else..... Dhcp reservation...Also reboot all devices

dv569656

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does my computer Cat5 go to POE then POE cable out to computer? Or only 1 out of POE into router, and computer cat5 directly to router? I have BI camera contact now for a few seconds , then it loses signal, and then comes on again, In and Out. Headway :)

The attached settings work but freeze every few seconds. I even changed the ip to port :82 and input port 82 into port box but still freezes.

Attachments

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does my computer Cat5 go to POE then POE cable out to computer? Or only 1 out of POE into router, and computer cat5 directly to router? I have BI camera contact now for a few seconds , then it loses signal, and then comes on again, In and Out. Headway :)

The attached settings work but freeze every few seconds. I even changed the ip to port :82 and input port 82 into port box but still freezes.
use dahua rtsp..dont mess with the onvif ports..
use internet explorer to login to the camera itself...see how the stream is there.
connect both the pc and camera to the switch then switch to the router..

dv569656

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay I didn't change anything and left it on all night, It now seems to be working fine in BI! Now need to get the other camera hooked up, and put up the 2 dedicated asus 21" monitors. Also setup alerts on my Verizon Samsung note 5. I will post pics of my setup.
Thanks for your help Fenderman

Last edited:

dv569656

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So from 60 feet away my setup was useless to catch the attempted mail theft today. The two dahua's did keep them from taking my mail when they seen them though LOL.

If I only had a dahua Z5. LPR License Plate Reader