Dahua Starlight problems

rtarikr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'am new on this forum. I have some problem with my Dahua 4K stalight HDCVI camera. When somebody is moving than i get a weird effect. Like somebody are invisible or dont have legs . Can somebody tell me what the problem is.

Greetings, From Holland Schermafbeelding 2018-12-08 om 01.09.40.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'am new on this forum. I have some problem with my Dahua 4K stalight HDCVI camera. When somebody is moving than i get a weird effect. Like somebody are invisible or dont have legs . Can somebody tell me what the problem is.

Greetings, From Holland View attachment 36049
lower the noise reduction - what exact model do you have

rtarikr

n3wb
Reaction score
lower the noise reduction - what exact model do you have
Hello Fenderman,

I have the Dahua HDW2802T-Z-A i have try the noise reduction but no result or the result is better but i get all white pixels in the screen.

Guido87

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think that is motion blurrr.
It is a Big sensor size 4k cam.
1/2 inch sensor. But is has 8million pixels.
So pixels size is very small. So at night not enough light on the sensor with moving objects....
Thats the power of the 2mp starlight cams. Big sensor... 1/1.9inch and the pixels mu size is big.

rtarikr

n3wb
Reaction score
I think that is motion blurrr.
It is a Big sensor size 4k cam.
1/2 inch sensor. But is has 8million pixels.
So pixels size is very small. So at night not enough light on the sensor with moving objects....
Thats the power of the 2mp starlight cams. Big sensor... 1/1.9inch and the pixels mu size is big.
Hello Guido87,

Bedankt voor je duidelijke uitleg. Ik ga even kijken wat ik hiermee ga doen wellicht toch een 2mp starlight camera ophangen.

Guido87

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also because of the small pixel size, there is a lot of noise in the picture with the 8mp. Because of the small pixel size.... and not enough light.

Thats why the 8mp cam only 15fps because if you go to 60fps for the 5231 then there is not enough light... 60 frames in a second. So 1/60 of a second to catch the light for 1 image....

rtarikr

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you all for the helpful advice. I order monday the full color camera and gonna test it. I let you know the result.

rtarikr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

The problem is solved with the new Dahua full color starlight camera. No more ghost effect or motion blurr.

The night is very clear with minimum of light.

Model number: HAC-HDW2249T-A

Dahua full color.jpg

wrx5

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

Old subject but I am having the same issue with my new cameras. IPC-HDBW2831R-ZAS-S2 (Firmware 2.800.0000000.10.R,2019-11-23)

The other night, someone came next to our car on our driveway to see if we left the car doors unlocked or not. A thief. All I have is a blury ghost like image. Couldn't be used as evidence as it wasn't showing much.

I have seen some info about this issue on this forum and tried to apply them. Here are some screenshots: current camera view, ghost images of incident and current settings.

Could you please shed some light on this if there is any other improvements available to do?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
1- not enough light
2- camera mounted way to high
3- 8MP cameras don’t generally do well at night
4- Exposure generally needs to be much faster

Basically you need to start over.

Even if you were to add a 5000 lumen motion flood, set your exposure to 1/120 or so, and change the camera out to one that is actually good at low light, like for instance a 5442 series, you would still only see the tops of heads and get no good facial recognition

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@wrx5
Sorry, but @bigredfish hit most of the nails on the head. Even if that camera would have been the correct camera with proper setup and config your image still would have been completely useless. All you would have been able to tell the police was "A person had a hoodie on that looked in my car".

First you need to goto a lower resolution camera (2mp starlight for example) to assure you have quality night time images. Second you need to mount that thing about 15' lower on your house.