Dahua Switches anyone?

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone used any Dahua Switches? I never see them recommended... Reason I asked is they have some Hi-POE ones coming soon.

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
bump. also curious. they do seem to be available now.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
they just started appearing; nobody's recommended em because I dont think anyone here has tried one out yet.. dont see why they wouldn't be good; pretty hard to fuckup a switch

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
true. just asked Andy to price a 16 for me. But I won't be buying/installing until around May/June, so cant post a near term review..

TiChucker

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm slightly interested in the DIN rail mounted managed switch. I have an application right now with underground fiber running to an electrical cabinet on the other side of a parking lot where I need to locate a PoE switch to power an IP based access control keypad and a few cameras, and tag the IP readers port. I have bought a SG300-8MPP for this, but it's larger than I would like and I'm going to have to devise a good mount for it. I'd buy one to try out, but this isn't the best application to find out if a switch is unreliable or not.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have not used it in conjunction with the Dahua NVR but I did use it at home to fire up my two new Dahua cameras. It simply plugged in the cameras to the switch and the switch to the wifi router and everything worked. The Dahua switch I got has a small form factor and an external power brick. $86