Dahua tribrid DHI-HCVR7108H-4M. Only 4 IP cameras?

neagle392

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a DHI-HCVR7108H-4M. I have a mix of analog, analog HD (HDCVI), and IP cameras. I am planning on upgrading some cameras to newer IP cams, and also adding a camera or two.

My DVR is technically an 8 channel. But according to Dahua spec sheets and manuals etc.... it is a max of 12 channels. 8 analog and 4 IP, OR 12 IP cameras. The spec sheet shows that the 4 channel version of this DVR supports 6 total channels, the 8 channel (mine) supports 12 total channels, and the 16 channel version actually supporrs 24 total channels if using IP cameras.

What I dont understand is, it is only showing a max of 8 in my DVR settings. I can select for any of the 8 channels to be IP or analog. But I am not seeing an option for the 4 additional IP cameras (12 total as mentioned in the spec sheet).

Is this just misleading marketing? Or am I missing something? I would assume "8 analog + 4 IP" would mean up to 8 analog channels and 4 additional IP channels. But clearly there are only 8 total in DVR settings.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You can only RECORD 8

It will decode an additional 4IP channels

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I had completely forgot about that. I have 3 IP cams running and 9 CVI cams.

When you go to add an IP cam, it will show channels 17-24 and make the first IP cam #17

HCDVR-Tribrid-16plus8.jpg

HCDVR-Tribrid-16plus8-2.jpg