dahua vs hikvision, what is better to get?

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
in the market for a new CCTV setup, NVR and IP cameras 2MP minimum, what is the best brand to get? dahua or hikvision? want a decent quality system for day and night for outdoor use but not too expensive.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For end user, hikvision is better to get. Better support and easier to get. Quality is pretty much the same.

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree with @vector18 seems the hikvision gear is easier to get support for in the US, then the dahua. So it just comes down to personally preference to which one you go with.

I personally am going with hikvision if I install anything for another person but I will try both hikvision and dahua on my own personally setup

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have both (See my signature below). Returned one Dahua for fogging. Dahua has better night vision and mount. I decided to go with Hikvision. Hikvision seems to be able to handle multiple streams better then Dahua. My Dahua freaks out when my family fires up their monitoring. Hikvision has more choices when it comes to configuration.

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Sabot I am just wondering what cameras were you comparing night vision on? Which Dahua and which hikvision guessing both were the same MPs?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I: Dahua IPC-HFW4300S
Both are running at the same specs.

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I only have one thing to say about this. It doesn't matter which one you choose they are both good brands but you need to match your system with the same brand NVR as the cameras.

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This so you can take advantage of all features like motion detection recording
Exactly! They are not the same and have different Firmware and that is what distinguishes one from the other. DaHua camera firmware works better with DaHua NVR firmware than with Hikvision NVR. But then Hikvision cameras firmware is a better match to Hikvision NVR firmware.

This is not to say that you can't run one on the other. (You can and I do) It is more efficient to keep them in the same brand of system. Just my opinion, your mileage may very.....