Dahua VTH1550CH not powering up when connected to Dahua NVR (photos attached)

MMi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in the process of installing a IP video intercom.
I have a Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2 POE that I'm connecting the VTH1550CH but nothing happens.
The screen remains black:
IMG_20170722_132046.jpg

IMG_20170722_132113.jpg

Anyone has an idea why it doesn't work?

Thanks

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I looked at the specs because I was curious about the unit, and noticed it stated this:

Power DC 12V/ supply directly by VTNS1060A.

The VTNS1060A appears to be 24V, but the specs for the VTH1550CH say 12 VDC, so I am confused.

I am guessing this does not help. :facepalm:

Mark

bobsmith

n3wb
Reaction score
I looked at the specs because I was curious about the unit, and noticed it stated this:

Power DC 12V/ supply directly by VTNS1060A.

The VTNS1060A appears to be 24V, but the specs for the VTH1550CH say 12 VDC, so I am confused.

I am guessing this does not help. :facepalm:

Mark
Looking at the photos I'd also assume an external power supply was required? Does POE provides power for the display?
Sort of on a similar line, I don't know what is the maximum current that POE can supply over say 20 metres. Is standard Ethernet cable used, or is it better to use uprated cable?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This unit needs to be power by a 12v dc adapter OR via VTNS1060A which uses a proprietary 24v poe method...

MMi

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, you're right, thank you.
Found it in a quick guide:
"When configuring a home VDP system, all devices should first be connected together. Usually, this is done by connecting both the camera unit (VTO) and monitor unit (VTH) to the VTNS1060A PoE switch. The VTNS1060A is a 24v passive PoE unit, this is a different type of PoE than that seen on conventional IP devices. As such, both the VTO2000A and VTH1550CH can only be used with 24v passive PoE or by connecting a 12/24vdc power supply to the power input terminals on the units."

Will order the VTNS1060A now and then connect the system.
I'll come back with an update when it will work.

bmwproboi05

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey, how is your intercom station working out?
Im having a hard time just trying to play with it and get the camera connected :(

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi
Can you tell me how many channels can you see on this device ?
Is it easy to put include it on the wall ?

bmwproboi05

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can only see one at a time as far as I have figured out. to hang on a wall it just depends. If you do not use Dahua special PoE you will need to run a 12V line with it also.

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you have 8 cameras hokked, will it be possible to see them on your device ?
If running 12v power cable to this device, will it be enough or do i have to by the VTNS1060A ?
Thanks again

bmwproboi05

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Not my video but should give you a Better idea.

You can add 8 cameras or so, but only one can be vieweerd at a time. The unit defaults to the door bell cam each time. I'd you do not ha e the doorbell from dahua it will give you an error

bmwproboi05

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can still view a camera with out having the door bell but it's annoying hitting ok, but if you disable the doorbell cam in setting go. It won't let yyou view cam

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi
I need to watch all cameras at the same time or some of them.
i also need to power it on/off , ...
I have a 17" touch screen display (IRTOUCHSYSTEMS), but unfotunatly the touch screen function (usb) is not supported by the dahua 5216-4ks2/5432-4ks2 (NVR5432-4KS2 ).

bmwproboi05

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here an idea Solved: [Tutorial] RTSP Raspberry Pi B+ Viewer [6-Cam] [4-Cam] - Ubiquiti Networks Community I think nayer also did something similar. I currently have my front door shown on a 7inch by the door. I would think with a little work you could write a script to cycle through through each cam say 4 at a time? or have a button soo you can toggle around as needed. I may try this idea during my up comming days off.
Main start up would be the key points, and i could toggle views if I want a better idea.

I have done this setup also with wifi. it works decent, but there are a few seconds eveery now and then where the image gets choppy. I may add this idea to my wiiu game pad mod coming up

you could also setup a firestick with tiny cam (its ok) I also have this implemented in my kitchen where I cannot run a dedicated cat5 or video cable to. I would suggest doing this in an area with good wifi and limiting camera streams to no more than 10 , but this depends on the streaming quality. Im sure the firetv with dedicated ethernet line would do better.

Another idea is to get an amazon fire tablet load tiny cam ( in the amazon app store) or side load google store and get gdmss and view it that way. I am currently testing this idea.

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for your device
I will try to use Raspberry Pi connected to my 17" touch screen and check if the touch screen functionality works or not
I will let you know soon

Reaction score