Dahua VTO2000 no mobile notifications in gDMSS Plus ...

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi there,

I just want to inform you in my case I do not receive anymore the notifications on my mobile phone (gDMSS Plus) when someone rings on the door.

It looks to be a general issue Dahua must solve after Google has changed the push service , see reply from my vendor :

This afternoon it has been revealed that Google has changed the push service for a number of Android versions and this has impact on a large part of the Android devices using IMOU or GDMSS.

This implies that Dahua must solve it, just Dahua is currently celebrating Chinese New Year, which makes the solution just waiting a bit longer.

Hope it can help you if you are in the same situation.

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will send a mail to my vendor about this issue ... to see if he received feedback from Dahua !

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is an update I just received from my vendor :

"We received to many complaints already, hoping that they fix it asap.
Sorry there is no workaround, have to wait, the chinese new year celebration is also not helping...."

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for this post.

I'm having the issue with gdmss not receiving push notifications. I get ivs email messages correctly but had to switch email port from 465 (ssl) to 587 (tls). After this they started working.

I did a wireshark trace and found the error on ports 443 and 465 was alert incompatible fallback. So this fall inline with some change at that caused this.

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here some more update from my vendor when I asked where he got that Google changed his push services ... it looks like the statement is coming from Dahua themselves :

Sorry this is Dahua's statement, honestly I also didnt see a major change, I only know that the api v2 is wind down, but really down I didn't read, so I personally think its a combination of a. upgrade to different version of api and b. Dahua doing something not so good currently.
Sorry xxx, can not help to fix this, other than complaining to Dahua as well.

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FYI I just tested with another version of gDMSS (gDMSS lite V 3.51.001), and it is also not working.
I will try to contact Dahua directly so see if I can have some news from there.

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i take it there has been no response from Dahua on this issue yet? :(

Reaction score
My gdmss works as usual.
I see the live video image and also can unlock the door. I get also the notification when someone rings.

I use gdmss lite on android.

I read an other post that someone has the same issue as you and he fixed it with changing the gdmss password into ,,shorter than 8"

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You mean the VTO password ? All works fine except the notification ... so the live stream for example is ok ...

Reaction score
Did you use gdmss lite or Plus ?

Lite should work ... plus has the information to fix on the start screen.

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Plus ... and i formation mentioned on the message center screen is not working

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My issue is with general push notifications for my nvr not the vtr, which i think is the same issue as you guys are facing.

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
"Our" issue is just the gDMSS not getting any notification when someone rings at the VTO, so that we can reply to that person using the mobile.
But if you try to access the VTO stream to see what happens on the camera, for example, it works !

chris11c

n3wb
Reaction score
Same here. Everything works fine except Push Notifications randomly started and stopped....they have been inop for a few days now and nothing seems to fix it.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Push notifications has been out for me on andriod and idmss for quite some time. It happened years ago too when Google changed their server ports or something like that. The app developer has to fix the app. Until then, push is busted. That simple.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So nothing to do but wait? Reckon I'll leave it alone before I screw it up. At least the live preview works.

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep just a waiting game. I contacted dahua support, they reckon everything is working properly so think it's my configuration and want to log in to my system and check my settings. They also said their not a small company so there stuff doesn't just stop working Nd is thoroughly tested lol. Just waiting for them to arrange a time to log in check my system and eat their own words!