Dahua VTO2111D-P-S2 ring issue

kbaras

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All!
I am hoping somebody could give me a hint on how to fix my issues with my Dahua VTO. The issue in a nutshell: it does not ring!

In more details:
When I am logged in into the app (DMSS) then it rings when somebody pushes the button on the VTO. I can manage to answer, open the door etc... But the issue is that it does not ring at all when I am not logged in or when not DMSS is the foreground app. Push notifications are enabled. Without this I do not know if somebody tries to "ring" the bell.
Earlier I have tried gDMSS in a tablet and it rang and opened the ring screen when somebody knocked the button on the VTO but it was not reliable enough either - and as I have learned this is a predecessor app for DMSS (is that even right?).

Could somebody help me with this? I simply want to reach that if somebody pushes the button than the app opens with the screen where I can answer/unlock door and see the video - even when the app is not in foreground.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Make sure, that you run latest firmware on your vto (General_VTOXXXXD-G_MultiLang_PN_SIP_V4.500.0000002.0.R.210812), p2p is enabled and most of all, subscribe for messages in gDMSS app (Messages -> Bell at top left -> your device => ON).

This is a very common mistake.

Last edited:

kbaras

n3wb
Reaction score
The firmware is the latest firmware: 4.500.0000000.5.R.20201026
P2P is enabled and I have subscribed for alarm notifications in the app. But I use DMSS and not gDMSS. Could this be the problem? Is gDMSS a predecessor of DMSS or what is the relationship between the two? Which is better?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The firmware is the latest firmware: 4.500.0000000.5.R.20201026
P2P is enabled and I have subscribed for alarm notifications in the app. But I use DMSS and not gDMSS. Could this be the problem? Is gDMSS a predecessor of DMSS or what is the relationship between the two? Which is better?
DMSS is supposed to be the latest.

kbaras

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I have tried out also with gdmss/idmss but with same result. I get a silent notification at the notification bar of the phone but without any sound or vibration and the app is not opened automatically. When the screen is off it does not even switched on.
Is this the right behaviour? I would expect that app comes to foregeound automatically with ringing sound or with vibration.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
I just hooked up a vto21110-wp I had in the drawer here for a few years and connected via poe, with old firmware 2018-07-31 V3.000.0012000.0.R - MCU -2017-08-26 V114. notifications/ringing are working fine with my iphone on DMSS app. Now im wondering if I should not upgrade to newest firmware. Unless it gets rid of the Chinese lady voice.?

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tested it out with my test-VTO2000A, no problem.
If DMSS notfies silent, then at least p2p works.
Your problem must be app-, os(android) or setting related.

kbaras

n3wb
Reaction score
I tested it out with my test-VTO2000A, no problem.
If DMSS notfies silent, then at least p2p works.
Your problem must be app-, os(android) or setting related.
DMSS behaves the same on my android and iPhone phones - even with p2p. Do you have settings done other than enabling notifications for doorbell on the app with the switch?

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No. Sounds like a android/ios app permission issue? Try to delete an reinstall the app and allow everything it is asking for.

Last edited:

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m actually having same exact problem with my blue iris app. I Can see my cameras, view all my alerts via app, but no message banner or sound notifications on my phone. ?

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I dont know bi at all. But I expect, your problem has nothing to do with this issue (dahua p2p/app).

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a though, but i noticed on the DMSS App home screen, if you go to bottom right and click on me, there is a tool manager that has some sort of push notification repair tool. ?

kbaras

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tried to re-install the app on IOS yesterday and as a result I did not even get the silent notification on the notification bar that somebody is ringing at that time. But it appeared (the notification) only today morning when I switched the phone back from airplane mode (at the time of ringing it was not in airplane mode of course :)).

kbaras

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!

It seems I have found the source of the problem: it was caused indeed by lack of permission in the notifications. Thank you for the support!

nowoczesny

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
maybe You will find some solution for my problem - I have also problem with ringing but in webserver webpage in log management I have all my rings as an alarm and prevent remove by the system. How to fix it ?? Screen attached.

Attachments

nowoczesny

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
maybe You will find some solution for my problem - I have also problem with ringing but in webserver webpage in log management I have all my rings as an alarm and prevent remove by the system. How to fix it ?? Screen attached.
Problem solved! - Reapeter for WiFi is causing problems with VTO. After removing it all problems gone away!

Raptown

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everybody, I´ve tried half dozens of VTO 2210, 2201 and 2111 with EVERY CHAIN in the system upgraded and coudn´t manage to make Android phones ring in the background (while phone asleep also).
At least I could recomend you to NOT use Gdmss/Idmss anymore. Is worst than DMSS in terms of push notifications. I either try tweaking DMSS battery optimization and permissions with no luck.
Push works all the time, the problem is incoming calls from VTO go straight to Android notifications and DOES NOT RING when DMSS in background. Any help will be welcome

Damon

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same problem as original poster. For me this helped:
-Go to DMSS App
-Go to 'self' right bottom
-General
-Check notification to 'ON'

f1ght4fun

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the following issue, my VTO-2211 is working flawlessly when my phone is inside same network. I receive push, calls, can see video/audio.
However whenever i leave the house and go 5g - i cannot connect to audio/video feed when call is made.

Can anyone suggest something that might help me with my issue, please !?

Below is my network setup. I am completely lost.
Sip is also enabled and configured against same static IP 192.168.2.108

Attachments