Dahua VTO2211G-WP Questions

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After having issues with my Nelly's Security doorbell (it died for no reason), I purchased a Dahua VTO2211G-WP to try and integrate into my Blue Iris and Home Assistant system. I know it is not perfect as a doorbell replacement out of the box, but it seems like it would be usable like so many of the other VTO units here.

I am having a few issues that I hope someone can help out with. For using a 3rd party SIP server, how would you setup this screen? I have setup a freepbx VM to try this out and have been able to get a couple of softphones connected, but do not want to mess this up. I think I have figured out many of the fields, but am unsure about 6-10. Or should I try to register accounts for the tablet softphones for HA to the VTO with its SIP server enabled?

Dahua VTO Screenshot with Labels.png

Also, does anyone have the snapshot URL for this VTO model? I tried many of the common ones, but I keep getting an error, but was able to get the rtsp stream URL to work. Trying to avoid using any VTH as I will be using other wall mounted tablets for the automation portion.

Thanks in advance.

epi_curean

n3wb
Reaction score
After having issues with my Nelly's Security doorbell (it died for no reason), I purchased a Dahua VTO2211G-WP to try and integrate into my Blue Iris and Home Assistant system. I know it is not perfect as a doorbell replacement out of the box, but it seems like it would be usable like so many of the other VTO units here.

I am having a few issues that I hope someone can help out with. For using a 3rd party SIP server, how would you setup this screen? I have setup a freepbx VM to try this out and have been able to get a couple of softphones connected, but do not want to mess this up. I think I have figured out many of the fields, but am unsure about 6-10. Or should I try to register accounts for the tablet softphones for HA to the VTO with its SIP server enabled?

View attachment 104438

Also, does anyone have the snapshot URL for this VTO model? I tried many of the common ones, but I keep getting an error, but was able to get the rtsp stream URL to work. Trying to avoid using any VTH as I will be using other wall mounted tablets for the automation portion.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, did you manage to get the VTO2211G-WP working with a 3rd party pbx? If so, can you share your settings please? and also how did you get the RTSP stream URL?

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, did you manage to get the VTO2211G-WP working with a 3rd party pbx? If so, can you share your settings please? and also how did you get the RTSP stream URL?

I did get it working with freePBX. I also have it integrated into Home Assistant using DavuaVTO2MQTT in a Docker container so I can get notifications to phones and announced through an Echo Dot when someone presses the doorbell button.

I don't know the exact RTSP stream URL. I just typed in my VTO's IP into Blue Iris with the username and password and Blue Iris found it without issue.

Although this link contains more information than what you asked, there is section on setting up the VTO and freePBX. Main goal of the link was figuring out how to automate the changes to the sounds that someone pressing the button hears based on the time of year. The other link I referenced changed the ringback to be controlled by the PBX, but had no method of automating based on the dates.

epi_curean

n3wb
Reaction score
I did get it working with freePBX. I also have it integrated into Home Assistant using DavuaVTO2MQTT in a Docker container so I can get notifications to phones and announced through an Echo Dot when someone presses the doorbell button.

I don't know the exact RTSP stream URL. I just typed in my VTO's IP into Blue Iris with the username and password and Blue Iris found it without issue.

Although this link contains more information than what you asked, there is section on setting up the VTO and freePBX. Main goal of the link was figuring out how to automate the changes to the sounds that someone pressing the button hears based on the time of year. The other link I referenced changed the ringback to be controlled by the PBX, but had no method of automating based on the dates.

Thank you Sir! I also having issues with the doorbell not being seen if it was in another vlan. I use vlan 80 for all my IP cameras(almost all are dahua) with no issues, but when I set the static ip of the vto2211G to a vlan 80 IP, it cannot be detected. If you are using a vlan other than the Lan, can you share your network settings?
Also is there anyway to change the RSTP port from the default 554?

regards

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you Sir! I also having issues with the doorbell not being seen if it was in another vlan. I use vlan 80 for all my IP cameras(almost all are dahua) with no issues, but when I set the static ip of the vto2211G to a vlan 80 IP, it cannot be detected. If you are using a vlan other than the Lan, can you share your network settings?
Also is there anyway to change the RSTP port from the default 554?

regards
I run my cameras, including the VTO, on a separate VLAN as well that is blocked from the internet. I had some issues with the intercom portion as well when I first started, but not the camera functionality. When I set a static IP, I do so by making a DHCP reservation in my firewall and not at the device level. I have several different vlans here, so my network settings are pretty convoluted.

What issues are you having specifically? FreePBX connection? Blue Iris?

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
DahuaVTO2MQTT? A new toy to play with!
It's pretty good, You used to be able to add it to Home Assistant as a custom add-on, but the developer moved it over to gitlab a while back and there is no way to add it directly to Home Assistant now. I moved over to an unRAID setup a few months ago when my VBOX VM crashed with no hope of revival (which was a real blessing in disguise) and I decided to start from scratch rather than load a backup (I could view all of the code and HACS stuff from the backups, though, so I could easily add the stuff I wanted to keep). I ended up adding the DavhuaVTO2MQTT as a container in unRAID. The move to an unRAID VM from a Win10 VM has been exponentially better for stability.

Let me know how it works out for you.

epi_curean

n3wb
Reaction score
I run my cameras, including the VTO, on a separate VLAN as well that is blocked from the internet. I had some issues with the intercom portion as well when I first started, but not the camera functionality. When I set a static IP, I do so by making a DHCP reservation in my firewall and not at the device level. I have several different vlans here, so my network settings are pretty convoluted.

What issues are you having specifically? FreePBX connection? Blue Iris?
Perhaps its because I am not using the Wifi function in the VTO. if using wifi, I can let DHCP decide the IP address ( and also make a reservation like you do in my pfsense ), but I do not know how that is done if using the POE wired lan connection only. I have changed my http/https ports to 5xxxx range if that is useful information. I am also unable to find the setting to change the default RTSP port from 554 to something else.
My issue is : when using wired connection only, i have to put in a static IP in the network page. But when I put in an IP address that is on my IP cameras VLAN (80), the VTO cannot be seen anymore after it reboots.
my sip server is a grandstream UCM6301, and have 2 grandstream SIP phones that ring when VTO is pressed.
I am using Frigate as my NVR. Still trying to figure out the RTSP stream to enable recording for VTO video feeds

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Perhaps its because I am not using the Wifi function in the VTO. if using wifi, I can let DHCP decide the IP address ( and also make a reservation like you do in my pfsense ), but I do not know how that is done if using the POE wired lan connection only. I have changed my http/https ports to 5xxxx range if that is useful information. I am also unable to find the setting to change the default RTSP port from 554 to something else.
My issue is : when using wired connection only, i have to put in a static IP in the network page. But when I put in an IP address that is on my IP cameras VLAN (80), the VTO cannot be seen anymore after it reboots.
my sip server is a grandstream UCM6301, and have 2 grandstream SIP phones that ring when VTO is pressed.
I am using Frigate as my NVR. Still trying to figure out the RTSP stream to enable recording for VTO video feeds

Okay, I think you may be correct on the wired LAN. I set that part up a long time ago, so I may have used the dahua toolbox to change it. I had it working with Blue Iris a long time before I figured out how to get the SIP server setting. I also only use the wired LAN.

For the RTSP, I looked in my Home Assistant secrets and it looks like I had set it up as a generic camera at one point. Here is the RTSP stream for it.
rtsp:/UserName:password@IP_Address:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&prot=Onvif
Code:
rtsp:/UserName:Password@IP_Address:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&prot=Onvif
Are you not able to login to the web settings page after the reboot? Do you have a DHCP reservation for it on your router? I didn't have any issues with Blue Iris working at the beginning, but I did have issues with the SIP. I had to create firewall rules to allow 5060 and 5061 to converse through the couple different VLANs that would be having access to the freePBX. The biggest headache was solved when I realized that although the firewall rules were working according to the logs, I was still having issues with SIP registration. It was because the freePBX firewall was blocking access until I added the VLAN as part of my existing network (inside freePBX). Not familiar with the grandstream server (although I do use their app), but if it has a firewall built-in, see if you have to add that VLAN to the network and check the logs.

There are a lot of settings that cannot be changed on the VTO compared to other Dahua cameras, so I would not be surprised if the RTSP port cannot be changed. May want to have a look at the Dahua toolbox to access. There were a few options in there that were not available on the web settings page.

Last edited:

epi_curean

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay, I think you may be correct on the wired LAN. I set that part up a long time ago, so I may have used the dahua toolbox to change it. I had it working with Blue Iris a long time before I figured out how to get the SIP server setting. I also only use the wired LAN.

For the RTSP, I looked in my Home Assistant secrets and it looks like I had set it up as a generic camera at one point. Here is the RTSP stream for it.
rtsp:/UserName:password@IP_Address:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&prot=Onvif
Code:
rtsp:/UserName:Password@IP_Address:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&prot=Onvif
Are you not able to login to the web settings page after the reboot? Do you have a DHCP reservation for it on your router? I didn't have any issues with Blue Iris working at the beginning, but I did have issues with the SIP. I had to create firewall rules to allow 5060 and 5061 to converse through the couple different VLANs that would be having access to the freePBX. The biggest headache was solved when I realized that although the firewall rules were working according to the logs, I was still having issues with SIP registration. It was because the freePBX firewall was blocking access until I added the VLAN as part of my existing network (inside freePBX). Not familiar with the grandstream server (although I do use their app), but if it has a firewall built-in, see if you have to add that VLAN to the network and check the logs.

There are a lot of settings that cannot be changed on the VTO compared to other Dahua cameras, so I would not be surprised if the RTSP port cannot be changed. May want to have a look at the Dahua toolbox to access. There were a few options in there that were not available on the web settings page.
Thank you for the RTSP stream. I realised after much trial and error that I CANNOT enable RTSP stream via TLS or it cannot be seen with VLC or Frigate
You are right about NOT being able to change the RTSP default port of 554 - confirmed by Dahua

Strange that my grandstream SIP phones (all on a seperate VLAN) can communicate with each other and the grandstream PBX without further firewall rules. I will try as you suggested

kind regards

Last edited: