Dahua wall-mount bracket vs. junction box

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What is the practical difference between a wall-mount bracket such as the PFB204W and a junction box such as the PFA139? I will be using starlight eyeballs with some cameras rotated to corridor orientation to see along the side of the house. Does the wall-mount bracket get the camera farther away from the wall? Is there room for the entire cable and connection inside the bracket?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the practical difference between a wall-mount bracket such as the PFB204W and a junction box such as the PFA139? I will be using starlight eyeballs with some cameras rotated to corridor orientation to see along the side of the house. Does the wall-mount bracket get the camera farther away from the wall? Is there room for the entire cable and connection inside the bracket?
Hi Mr_D,

They both will stick out about the same from the wall iirc, and in both cases they hold the cables well.

PFB203W ( I would think PFB204W would be the same ) works best imho if you can bring the cable in from the inside of the wall, and has no holes for conduit connections.

trucams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
EADDF5E8-6B71-4868-B43B-C986C8DFFAC5.jpeg Here is a junction box with conduit. It can be mounted without conduit as well.

Reaction score
Can the cameras be direct mounted to a wall without the junction box or wallmount?

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can the cameras be direct mounted to a wall without the junction box or wallmount?
They can, but then you need a big hole in the wall to pass the RJ45 connection. Then you need to keep water from getting through that big hole into the wall. I just installed two cameras and used junction boxes to keep the hole as small as possible. And if the camera needs to be taken down for any reason, the connection is accessible from the outside.

Reaction score
They can, but then you need a big hole in the wall to pass the RJ45 connection. Then you need to keep water from getting through that big hole into the wall. I just installed two cameras and used junction boxes to keep the hole as small as possible. And if the camera needs to be taken down for any reason, the connection is accessible from the outside.
Is there enough room inside the junction box to hide the connection? I'm going with a Dahua setup from Andy, but didn't consider junction boxes or mounts for fear it woul make the camera stand out more.

trucams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, the junction box has space for the connection between the wall and the camera.

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there enough room inside the junction box to hide the connection? I'm going with a Dahua setup from Andy, but didn't consider junction boxes or mounts for fear it woul make the camera stand out more.
I installed Dahua 4231EM-AS starlights on PFA139 junction boxes. They do contain the pig tail coiled up. I believe the box is a little under 1" thick. I have a picture in the link below. The camera already sticks out so another inch isn't changing much.

Two cameras up - notes and pics included