Dahua Web Service Issues

3waller

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Something has changed in my Web Service in that when I am in playback mode the yellow lines/rectangles do not show up indication motion detection. I've been through the wiki and "think" I have everything set up correct but I must be missing something. Also, there are no fast forward buttons on my playback screen, which just compounds the annoyance when trying to search for an event. Screen shots below, please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

1674509546093.png

1674509607477.png

1674509653885.png

1674509693645.png

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Come to think of it, you appear to be using plain old MD not IVS. Not sure I’ve seen MD lines appear on playback? I don’t use it much as most now use IVS. Or are you using SmartMD? It has AI

3waller

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi BRF,

Thanks for the replies. I am using edge. Web Service does not work in chrome for me. Not looking for lines on the video itself but below the video superimposed ober the green lines. I can post a pic from the wiki later if you dont know what I mean.

Sorry, not familiar with IVS or Smartmd. I just plug the ip address for the nvr into the browser to get the web login.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
OK understand.
I do see MD yellow line events on the green timeline for camera #1.. use that slider at bottom right of the screen to zoom in

3waller

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks BRF. Could be a science project to get ie working on my windows 10 setup. The ie reload button is greyed out and the allow sites to be reloaded in IE mode is not there. I will work on it. Thanks for the responses.

jarrow

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Under Management -> Storage -> Schedule, do you have Motion activated for each channel?

3waller

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Jarrow, yes I believe I have that set correctly. There is a print screen in the original post. I have some yellow lines on camera 1 now, I upped the sensitivity. Going to jack it up on 2,3,4 as nothing yet from them. BRF - I got ie working and fast forward is there. Thanks a lot.

jarrow

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi Jarrow, yes I believe I have that set correctly. There is a print screen in the original post.
Allright, I don't see a print screen of the storage page I mentioned, only the alarm and playback pages.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You might want to look at SmartPSS. It’s a Dahua software for PCs that is great as a live viewer, playback and download tool. Much better than the NVR interface.

One caution: when you go to install it will flash a screen for installing SmartPSS AND a second tick box for installing “PC-NVR”

Don’t install the pc-NVR component. It’s a computer based VMS that isn’t very good.

3waller

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks BRF. Installing now. So I cranked up sensitivities and turned email alerts back on in Web Service. I just got an email alert for camera 2, but no yellow line on playback. 8:58am.

1674569115315.png