Dahua Webcam Issue

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have three Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z cams that I had been able to view via it's webcam using Internet Explorer without any issues until I upgraded the firmware to the latest version
DH_IPCHX5X3X-Rhea_EngSpn_N_Stream3_V2.460.0000.7.R.20170306. I have no problem logging into each camera and accessing their settings but clicking on the "Live" tab it will no longer install the webplugin.exe.

Guess this is more of a IE issue but I was able to install the plugin successfully when I got my first Dahua cam shortly after Nayr's preview of the IPC-HDW5231R-Z... using the default firmware. Upgrading the firmware apparently caused some sort of conflict with IE so who knows.

Anyway I can view the Dahua's webcam using Chrome's plugin but it doesn't allow having Favorites so I can save my cam's IP Addresses. Any idea what I can try to get IE to install the webplugin.exe again?

Attachments

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Try the Blue Moon browser. It solves the problem of non-support of plugin.exe on the latest version of other browsers.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It actually looks like your problem is you need to close all browsers while you install the web plugin though.

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nope closed all browsers and still get error when installing.

Ok I downloaded Pale Moon and went to camera webpage and clicked to install plugin which downloads to my desktop. Next I run the installer and it appears to be installing but it still shows no image on webpage. I've tried installing the plugin with Pale Moon open & closed but no difference.

When I go to Pale Moon > Addons > Plugins it's not showing up. Is there something I'm not doing right?

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Same problem
To resolve i have saved the .exe in my computer.
Right click on the .exe file and execute as an administrator.

BICK

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well been busy trying all your suggestions and I believe BICK had the solution. I can view live feeds again via IE but strange it still doesn't work with Pale Moon.

The plugin now shows up in IE's plugins although doesn't show up in Pale Moon's.

As long as I have one browser working that's fine but now curious why the plugin won't install in Pale Moon.

Thanks for the quick replies guys!

Mike

rmalbers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for this thread! I had an old Empire/Dahua camera that I could log into with IE but that was it, couldn't change any settings. Pale Moon browser did work for me to get into the camera setting and get everything set back up!

sealfab

n3wb
Reaction score
When I load the dahua page in pale moon it says I need to install the plugin even though I already have. I installed it with all browsers closed, also deleted the plugin and reinstalled to no avail. It does not show up in the plugins page of pale moon. What else should I try?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you using Pale Moon 64 bit? You should use the 32 bit version. That is what all the old plugins are written for.