Dahua White Label IPC-HFW4431R-Z

NickCasa

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all, working with this camera on Exacq Server Windows 2020 (latest version), connected it as onvif. Exacq says no motion although I have setup the motion on the cam properly, defined the area, etc, etc. I'm pretty sure exacq support onvif motion as I did it in the past with Hikvision onvif I believe, however I can't get it working. Any advice from

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't know what Exacq is. You can use onvif device manager to see if the camera is sending motion events over onvif. My 4431R-Zs are running firmware 2.420.0000.22R, and I am able to tell you that IVS events are not sent over onvif, which is a shame because the camera's line crossing and intrusion detection work extremely well. Paired with BI you wouldn't care about the camera's motion detection because BI's is so much better. This camera operates great with a dahua nvr that doesn't exclude chinese market cameras (i.e., older nvr firmware). Not sending IVS events over onvif really limits its usefulness otherwise.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know what Exacq is. You can use onvif device manager to see if the camera is sending motion events over onvif. My 4431R-Zs are running firmware 2.420.0000.22R, and I am able to tell you that IVS events are not sent over onvif, which is a shame because the camera's line crossing and intrusion detection work extremely well. Paired with BI you wouldn't care about the camera's motion detection because BI's is so much better. This camera operates great with a dahua nvr that doesn't exclude chinese market cameras (i.e., older nvr firmware). Not sending IVS events over onvif really limits its usefulness otherwise.
Exacq is a commercial VMS.