Dahua XVR5108HS-X as an analog encoder?

John7656

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to set up a security camera system at our church. We are in a donated metal building that has a lot of parking lot and interior floor space. We were gifted two 8-channel Night Owl DVR’s with 4 1080p cameras in each “kit” for a total of 8 cameras. We also have 6 other analog cameras that was left behind from the previous owner that we are trying to reuse. What I have done so far is installed Blue Iris (temporarily) on a laptop with an AXIS 2400 4-channel encoder for the office area, 2-4MP POE IP cameras for the parking lot, but I still have a lot of interior area to cover. What I would like to do is use the eight 1080p analog cameras inside using a DVR as the encoder (Multi-channel Analog to IP video encoder that plays nice with BI? ) similar to this unit. I have found on eBay a Dahua XVR5108HS-X DVR which says it supports RTSP, but I have not found the owner’s manual online. Can anyone confirm that this unit should work as an encoder like the above thread suggest? Thank in advance for any input.

John7656

n3wb
Reaction score
Since I did not get any replies to this question, I went ahead and ordered this DVR Pentabrid XVR5108H-X through Amazon with the idea that if it did not work, I could return it. In the DVR, I was able to enable the RTSP option, turn off the alarm (no HDD) and set a static IP. I then went into Blue Iris and created a network camera using a static IP and verified the default port of 554 using the RTSP protocol was configured. I then went into Blue Iris and created a new camera. I went down and selected Dahua as the Make and Main Stream RTSP as the Model. And finally, selecting which Camera (1-8 in my DVR) under the Video section selects which BNC port you are connected to. After that, it is pretty much configured and it should work. You can then modify it to customize it to any specific needs you may have. I have included a screen shot for reference. Hopefully this will help someone in the future.

Attachments