Dahua's Config Tool ?

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Playing around with several versions of the config tool I found that if I run the tool in a VM XP Pro it will find all my Dahua cams even ones not on my current subnet. Is there something in W10 that will allow this to work this way ? I have tried to add it to firewall programs but still nothing. No big deal, I just like using the tool since it was a convenient way to change the cams IP. I guess now I just will fire up the Vm
configt.JPG

Last edited:

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Config tool worked fine on Win10x64 for me. Current version though...

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure what is going on, I can't get the version that came with my new cam to work on any of my computers. All 3 are all W10 64. The newest version of the config tool won't see my older dahua cams.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Why are you using such an old version of the tool?
On the newer ones you can specify the scan range.
ConfigTool - Dahua Wiki
Thanks for the link, I tried it but same result. Notice it won't see all of my cams as well like the old version will. I still have a extra cam on the 192.168.1.1 subnet that I cannot see with any of the config tools except the one I run in the VM machine. BTW I just got the SD49225T-HN from Andy and it came with Version 1.6 on the CD ??
config2.JPG

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
You can use the General Configuration Tool to modify the IP address, Version 4.03 here:
http://us.dahuasecurity.com/en/us/software.php
Thanks, they keep getting a little better. I still can't get any of the tools to find anything that is not on my current subnet. I even changed one of my newer cams back to 192.168.1.158 and tried running tool to see if it would find it. Nope, then tried the manual way, said "login failed". I even installed the tool on my wife's pc (W10) and nada...same thing. At this point I am tired of this puzzle and will give it a rest. At least I do have a way to scan using my XP VM. I am not a network guru, but maybe it's something to do with all my pc's being set to static ?? Anyway, I appreciate all the help here and if I ever figure it out I will update :)
test.JPG test2.JPG test3.JPG

adamrx7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with a Dahua IPC-HDW4233C-A. I can see it on my network but can not change the IP from any of the config tools ( I have like ten config tools). I ended up going to my shop and using the 192.168.1...subnet to communicate with it.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
As of late, it seems the config tool is unreliable with certain models of Dahua cameras. It use to traverse subnets and find everything out there and let you make changes, Now yes, you have to add the subnet and when it finds it its a crap shoot if you can make changes and save them. It seems more and more I need to have to log in direct to make and save changes.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with a Dahua IPC-HDW4233C-A. I can see it on my network but can not change the IP from any of the config tools ( I have like ten config tools). I ended up going to my shop and using the 192.168.1...subnet to communicate with it.
This is a China Region cam, it's always a crap shoot with those. Avoid.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm having Config Tool problems, too. The version I was using (4.05.00) was not able to change the IP of a brand new camera. The camera's documentation said it first needed to be run through Config Tool's "initialization" function, which doesn't exist on 4.05.00. The CD with the new camera has Config Tool 4.08.00. This one worked fine with the new camera, allowing me to change its IP address and login password. I can now log into the new camera's web interface with the changed IP address and password. But now, the 4,08,00 Config Tool will not find any of my devices (which are on 192.168.100.xxx). The 4.05.00 version always found them without a hitch. Anybody know what's going on?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I'm having Config Tool problems, too. The version I was using (4.05.00) was not able to change the IP of a brand new camera. The camera's documentation said it first needed to be run through Config Tool's "initialization" function, which doesn't exist on 4.05.00. The CD with the new camera has Config Tool 4.08.00. This one worked fine with the new camera, allowing me to change its IP address and login password. I can now log into the new camera's web interface with the changed IP address and password. But now, the 4,08,00 Config Tool will not find any of my devices (which are on 192.168.100.xxx). The 4.05.00 version always found them without a hitch. Anybody know what's going on?
Now all dahua cams have to be activate on the webpage, set up new password, before old version cams can make configuation easily on the configtool, and now not.
Also enter the new password here.

upload_2018-3-31_10-34-34.png

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I did download the toolbox sometime last year. I'm not too keen on giving my email address and having to create an account to use it, especially after reading the Privacy Notice (gather and store any and all information, targeted advertising, location tracking, etc.). So this is a non-starter for me. Interestingly, the version I downloaded last year is newer than the version linked from the wiki (it's version 1.03.1.R).

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Andy - I entered the correct username and password into the settings and still no devices are found (no cameras, no nvr). When I try to add a camera manually, it says Login Failed. I'm hoping somebody else has run into the same problem and has figured out how to make it work. Most users will be on a 192.168.1.xxx subnet, where I'm using 192.168.100.xxx. Maybe that has something to do with it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You don't need the tool... bunch of threads explaining how to change the subnet of the PC...

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
You don't need the tool... bunch of threads explaining how to change the subnet of the PC...
Just because I don't need it, that doesn't mean I don't want it to work so I can use it. I got my camera initialized and configured without the Config Tool. Just a pain in the rear and a lot of wasted time.

And to add to the wasted time, I added the new camera to the NVR using SmartPss. Thought that was really neat to not have to log onto the nvr. Later I noticed all the cameras were down. Between SmartPSS and the nvr, they erased the user names and passwords for the other 10 cameras in the nvr configuration.

Reaction score
I did download the toolbox sometime last year. I'm not too keen on giving my email address and having to create an account to use it, especially after reading the Privacy Notice (gather and store any and all information, targeted advertising, location tracking, etc.). So this is a non-starter for me. Interestingly, the version I downloaded last year is newer than the version linked from the wiki (it's version 1.03.1.R).
Agreed. I downloaded the Wiki version, installed it, and the first time I ran it I got the email address login prompt and the requirement to set up an account. This is supposed to be a utility to help out end users, not a data gathering tool for Dahua. Any app that requires all this, and may gather your data is a huge privacy concern. I simply say F--- Y--- and refuse to use any of these apps. As @fenderman said it's not needed at all to set up a system.

It would be great if there was a repository of the older programs that don't require email addresses, etc. to use.

Phil_RF

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have tried to get my new dahua cameras working on bi with the latest toolbox version of the confitool. Will not initialize , just has a fail icon and says timeout. Not sure what I am doing wrong