Dahua's DSS Express or Pro

sp1k3ster

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking to download Dahua's DSS Express or Pro, but can't seem to find a download link anywhere. Is it a paid software? If so, where can we purchase it?

Dahua's wiki is no help at all.

Dahuacamcctv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was able to find a download link for dss proffessional (DSS Professional) but I can't find the dss express download link anywhere either. It should be free. DSS pro is paid though.

sp1k3ster

n3wb
Reaction score
The link you provided only has links to PDFs. No installer/exe file.

Dahuacamcctv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh, sorry they took down the download link. I still have the exe. Ill upload it when I get home if you want it. I havent tried installing it though.

sp1k3ster

n3wb
Reaction score
That would be awesome. DSS Express/Pro look to be better than SmartPSS and browser-based, but you can't find a single download link for Windows.

Dahuacamcctv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That would be awesome. DSS Express/Pro look to be better than SmartPSS and browser-based, but you can't find a single download link for Windows.
They used to have the download for DSS professional on some of the other language sites. I hope I can still find the download on my laptop at home. I always wanted to try and install it but never had the chance. I am interested to see how it compares to Blue Iris. I am still trying to find the download link for DSS express. It's supposed to be free.

spenser911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you have a DSS Server to go along with it? I can send you the client but it would be worthless to you as you MUST had a DSS Server (thats where the download link lives btw on the servers web UI)

sp1k3ster

n3wb
Reaction score
Someone on this forum did send me the DSS Express server (v7.02) which had the DSS Express client (v1.00).

Any chance you have a newer version of the server or client? Everything works greats except I can't do video playback. I get the error "Request Timeout"

korin1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Someone on this forum did send me the DSS Express server (v7.02) which had the DSS Express client (v1.00).

Any chance you have a newer version of the server or client? Everything works greats except I can't do video playback. I get the error "Request Timeout"
sorry for bumping this out, but do u (or some one in the community) still have this ? or found anything news?

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would like to know the answer to that too.
Now it seems to be that SmartPSS is not available for download anymore from dahuasecurity.com - site. I have not used DSS Express, but it seems it is heavier server/client software. In future am I supposed
to install that giant on client's computers to give a simple remote access to their NVRs?

Lanaii

n3wb
Reaction score
In the past, i think it was around 2018, DAHUA wanted to stop working on SmartPSS and replace it with DSS Express. But Distributors in D-A-CH Region are not impressed about the decission from DAHUA, so they split it.
We as Distributor use SmartPSS along for EndUser, DSS Express for Small-Middle Projects, DSS Pro for Middle-Big Projects

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got reply also from Dahua support. SmartPSS is now included in the Dahua toolbox, it is not yet buried. But seems that the interest is more to develop DSS.

If I have - to say - a system of NVR4208 with 8 cameras and want to install Dss Express to view NVR remotely, do I need to install both server and client software on the pc?

overbe

n3wb
Reaction score
I got reply also from Dahua support. SmartPSS is now included in the Dahua toolbox, it is not yet buried. But seems that the interest is more to develop DSS.

If I have - to say - a system of NVR4208 with 8 cameras and want to install Dss Express to view NVR remotely, do I need to install both server and client software on the pc?
Yes, you have to install both. Without server, client software won't work.

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, you have to install both. Without server, client software won't work.
Ok, thanks, got to test it. I assume the server process will be then running all the time and reserves some system resources? Not so convenient if user just wants to open it couple of times of day like SmartPSS and just check the NVR. Hope the SmartPSS support stays in Dahua devices still.