Dahua's Privacy masking and Regional Focus

wwgoon

n3wb
Reaction score

Hello all,

I have autofocus on to watch long roadway and have a bush in foreground that messes up the actual focus on roadway.

Dahua's 4 privacy masking blocks are rather small and cannot be re-sized to block this rather large bush.

Dahua's Regional Focus also does not work with the IPC-HDW5631R-ZE.

Can anyone please assist with this dilemma?

Thank you in advance,

Keith

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Keith, you might be wrong about the privacy blocks being a small, fixed size. Here's a screenshot of my Dahua camera where I resized the privacy blocks by clicking and dragging the corners of them.

Attachments

wwgoon

n3wb
Reaction score
adamg,

Thank you, yes

I had used the PSS from disc that came with camera and older version (1.13.1) just had a few small blocks to slide around and have since updated.

Can you tell me if privacy masking of an area actually prevents the lense from focusing in the area. I have tried larger mask for bush and street still seems blurry.

I also tried ROI to no avail.

Thank you for your response,
Keith

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would suspect the blocks have no influence on the auto-focus. I haven't tried any methods of instructing the camera to focus on certain regions of the view. I know on my Dahua PTZ, on the Live web interface, I can draw a box and the camera focuses in that region, but only until it PTZ moves, then it is back to a general focus. On the motorized variofocal cameras, sometimes you can turn off the auto-focus and manually set the focus via the web interface.