Dakota 2500 driveway alarm to Dahua NVR

Ballfarm1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently bought a dakota Driveway alarm system, Link :00BBA-2500
We have a long driveway and I got this as a wireless doorbell that notifies us when someone comes through the front gates, Its bloody great!

The receiver part of the system has 4 form C relay outputs and 1 x 12v dc output.

My question is - Can I wire any of these outputs up to the NVR alarm inputs and get record on alarm set up for a designated driveway camera. I have googled the same querie and found that most people wire up PIR sensors and door / window magnet style sensors with ease, but I wasn't sure if the Dakota system would work as a sensor as well, this is new technology for me?

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Cheers!

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The receiver part of the system has 4 form C relay outputs and 1 x 12v dc output.
yes, use the relay output and it will work fine. Don't use the 12vdc output.

On the relay you probably have these terminals: n.o. (normally open), n.c. (normally closed), and com. In the alarm state the connection between each of the terminals and com is the opposite of it's 'normal' state.

As an example you could connect n.c. and com to input 1 and gnd on the NVR. Then you'd set the NVR so this input is normally closed.

Ballfarm1

n3wb
Reaction score
That's great to know, I will have a go at setting it up tomorrow, thanks for the detailed response!