Database compact/repair taking 12+ hours

nutt318

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Needing some help with the compact/repair database task. It starts at 10:30pm and now stops at almost 3pm.

Not sure what to do to keep it up to date or do I just leave it off?

Database is on C drive, raid 1
New - D drive - 1 day move to stored
Stored - D drive - max of 53TB

Any ideas if something needs to be changed?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Needing some help with the compact/repair database task. It starts at 10:30pm and now stops at almost 3pm.

Not sure what to do to keep it up to date or do I just leave it off?

Database is on C drive, raid 1
New - D drive - 1 day move to stored
Stored - D drive - max of 53TB

Any ideas if something needs to be changed?

Thanks
You should turn it off as no recording occurs during the database compact.
'Even with 53 tb of recording it should not take that long. Is the DB folder on a fast SSD? Do you create separate files for each motion detection trigger? is your cpu maxed or close to it?

nutt318

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@fenderman The DB is on the C: which is SSD, yes each clilp is a separate file for motion triggers. We where in the mid 80% cpu usage with 26 cameras and are moving a few to a different DVR server and are now down for 45%.

Should I attempt to leave it on and database compact or just not even worry about it. Also what does it actually help or improve doing the database compact?

Also which database task stops recording?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman The DB is on the C: which is SSD, yes each clilp is a separate file for motion triggers. We where in the mid 80% cpu usage with 26 cameras and are moving a few to a different DVR server and are now down for 45%.

Should I attempt to leave it on and database compact or just not even worry about it. Also what does it actually help or improve doing the database compact?

Also which database task stops recording?
you have way to many clips - use combine and cut. Or just leave it off...

nutt318

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ahh ok, it the past it always seemed easier doing individual clips for exporting that chunk of footage. But if leaving it off wont harm anything I'll just do that.

Thanks @fenderman