Database: Corrupt or disc error

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It happened the second time during last 5 days:

19.11.2015 2:00:21 Database: Corrupt or disc error: 00000020 (0)
24.11.2015 2:00:21 Database: Corrupt or disc error: 00000020 (0)

Any idea what could be wrong? SMART of the disk looks fine.

v. 4.2.4.3

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You may want to run "chkdsk /f DriveLetterInQuestion:" to check the drive and automatically repair any inconsistencies which are found.

I believe that there is also a Blue Iris option to "repair" or validate the BI database...I just can't find where that setting is right now.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is an error when the database is compacting (default at 2am)...not sure if its real or a false positive..I checked one machine and see the issue as well, everything works fine though. You can replicate it by manually compacting...you will see the same error.
Deleting the DB folder and restarting blue iris so it can regenerate solves the problem.

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Will do, thanks. It is in Clips panel, right click | Database...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Will do, thanks. It is in Clips panel, right click | Database...
that is where you can compact or regenerate..but to solve the issue delete the DB folder itself, it should be in the blue iris folder on your primary drive, in the same location as the new and stored folder (unless you changed the defaults)

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
that is where you can compact or regenerate..but to solve the issue delete the DB folder itself, it should be in the blue iris folder on your primary drive, in the same location as the new and stored folder (unless you changed the defaults)
Well, repair/regenerate of the DB went well. I would lose all alerts by deleting the DB, which I do not want...

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BI Support answer: "The 00000020 error is a sharing violation, and maybe you need to exempt the DB folder from your antivirus etc."

That checks out, I have Kaspersky Antivirus, unfortunatelly I do not have admin rights, but I will try to get it excluded...

cltbwc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When this error occurs for me, I've run DeFragmentation on the drive which holds the database. I was able to run the Defragmentation without shutting down BI.

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have deleted the db folder and had it regenerate, still getting the error.

I've also excluded all the Blue Iris folders from Windows Defender (including C:\BlueIris and the Blue Iris program folder). I even tested it by disabling Windows Defender completely but still no luck.

What else can I try? I have a SSD will a chkdsk even do anything?

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is the most annoying error I have ever seen. Yes, I get it as well. I have tried to move the database from an SSD (OS drive) drive to hard drive (dumb storage drive), no difference. I have excluded the db folder from virus scans, no difference. I have used Defraggler to defrag the entire DB folder, no difference. I have changed the time from 2 am to 5 am, no difference. Its happened on 2 different computers as well. If I run the compact and repair option in BI, it will be fine for a few days but it always comes back.

If it is truly a sharing violation, then it is Blue Iris that has a lock on the DB while it is trying to be compacted and regenerated.

Good luck figuring it out, I would like a solution as well. I love Blue Iris, but this issue bothers me more than it probably should.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I also get this error off and on...it seems to appear after I have manually deleted some clips. I recently installed a new 4TB drive and since I have seen no errors, but it still has not had to delete any files yet. I wonder if this occurs while a large file is being deleted at the same time one is being written ?

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ended up deleting all of my clips and db. That's the only way to fix it. Pretty annoyed about that.