Database Repair / compact ?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi I am noticing everyday at 2:00am my camera recording is missing for about 8-12 mins I guess It is because of Database Compact / repair schedule under blue iris.

My question is. I have turned it off for checking this everyday. Is this necessary or does not matter ?

Capture.JPG

2019-04-27 08_29_37-Blue Iris.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I am noticing everyday at 2:00am my camera recording is missing for about 8-12 mins I guess It is because of Database Compact / repair schedule under blue iris.

My question is. I have turned it off for checking this everyday. Is this necessary or does not matter ?

View attachment 41861

View attachment 41862
You can leave it off.
8 min is a long time for repair unless you have a crap load of files. Do you have the OS, BI and the database folder on an ssd?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the Database folder running on Mechanical drive and the OS and The BI Running on SSD

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the Database folder running on Mechanical drive and the OS and The BI Running on SSD
The database should be on the ssd, its a small folder. This is recommended by the developer.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
The database should be on the ssd, its a small folder. This is recommended by the developer.
Aha, Okay just changed it to SSD. Thank you. Also do you know what I can do on Windows 10 Pro To make Blueiris come back automatically if the computer restarts for whatever reason.. And no one logs on.. I already try task scheduler that is not working..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Aha, Okay just changed it to SSD. Thank you. Also do you know what I can do on Windows 10 Pro To make Blueiris come back automatically if the computer restarts for whatever reason.. And no one logs on.. I already try task scheduler that is not working..
you can run it as a service, blue iris options >startup however this will not display the blue iris interface automatically, it will run in the background.
search the forum for elevated command prompt for links to instructions on how to setup BI to fully start automatically with the interface.