Date/Time Overlay

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I recently switched to using the Camera's Date/Time overlay and I have noticed several times that the time is behind two hours. As soon as I log into the camera's web configuration interface the overlay just to the correct value in Blue Iris. Not sure if this is a camera issue or a Blue Iris issue.

Cameras I have are 2-IP8M-2496EW-28MM and 2-IP8M-2496EB-28MM

Blue Iris 5.2.8.3

I have one of the cameras setup to use a Sub-Stream for testing. However, I've noticed it on that camera and one that is still setup to use the main stream.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are the cameras set to update with a NTP server?
I have the BI server and a few of my cams where I use the cam's time/date overlay set to update via the NTP server; I use the overlays from BI on another few cams and not the cam's overlay.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a guess, but it seems the cameras are syncing to the PC when you log into them. Do what TonyR said and set up an NTP time server, locally, and sync to that.
(TonyR posted as I was typing)

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Now I feel stupid, I missed that whole section in the camera GUI setup. Looking at it now. Thanks.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was also looking for a way to change the overlay format, and wouldn't you know it, it was right there where you could setup a NTP server.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When using a time server in the Amcrest setup (and I set it up and my POE switch) all seem to end up off by an hour like it's not figuring DST correctly. Very weird.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not weird. NTP does not consider DST. You need to setup DST in the camera itself.
Google is my friend. I thought I had set it, but obviously it was wrong. I've done enough stupid stuff today.