Day 3 of Blue Iris - Default settings - Why does it not stop recording on trigger?

Reaction score
Love blue Iris. I have tired soooo many programs but BI seems to have everything I want. AND WOW SO CHEAP!!!! BOOOO Windows tho. Oh well. Virtual box will save me on my home server.

Anyways... fresh install.. default settings. It triggers but does not stop recording? The video is highlighted in red as its recording and i can't delete it.

I have googled everything and re-set it up 20 times. Can't figure out whats the setting I need to change.

Any help please?

*reminder default settings*

Thanks,
Daniel

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Love blue Iris. I have tired soooo many programs but BI seems to have everything I want. AND WOW SO CHEAP!!!! BOOOO Windows tho. Oh well. Virtual box will save me on my home server.

Anyways... fresh install.. default settings. It triggers but does not stop recording? The video is highlighted in red as its recording and i can't delete it.

I have googled everything and re-set it up 20 times. Can't figure out whats the setting I need to change.

Any help please?

*reminder default settings*

Thanks,
Daniel
Windows is great...i have 20+ boxes running BI on windows...no problems.
You cant delete files that are open and being written to...you need to disable the camera then delete the active clip..though why would you? blue iris does it automatically..based on your settings.
Combine and cut adjusts how large/long files are open..

Reaction score
Windows is great...i have 20+ boxes running BI on windows...no problems.
You cant delete files that are open and being written to...you need to disable the camera then delete the active clip..though why would you? blue iris does it automatically..based on your settings.
Combine and cut adjusts how large/long files are open..
doh! I see what it was doing. Yea I would rather individual clips instead.

THANKS SO MUCH!

khx73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can also right click on the camera's live feed and pick Pause --> Zero to close the open file if you need to.