Day/Night Motion Settings (without profile use?)

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do I setup change for the motion / record options based on Day / night without using profiles (like the camera's use)?

The screen shot shows a failed attempt using profiles, but it just becomes WAY to complicated.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You must use the profiles...its much more advanced that the cameras...you can even set the night schedule to follow sunrise sunset so its accurate throughout the year...the blue iris scheduling is one of its best features...you should learn to use it.

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree I do need to get my head around profile, but I must admit it's the only part of BI so far, that is not at all intuitive.

Since I have to drive these day / night motion and record setting with profiles, 7 doesn't seem to be nearly enough. I'm thinking I need to at add a Weekday and weekend "type" to all those listed above (except vacation).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont understand why you need so many profiles? For example, how would vacation day be different than away day...

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are right, I could get rid of those two., I guess my thinking was to record audio in the house during vacation, but not necessary..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You are right, I could get rid of those two., I guess my thinking was to record audio in the house during vacation, but not necessary..
You can record audio while you are away too...