Daytech cam suddenly dont work

stefs

n3wb
Reaction score

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
This work really good, but before a couple of days we have a rain.
After this, i cant see any video from this cam.
You had it mounted outside?
The specifications, and appearance, do not suggest this is an outdoor-rated camera.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see anything obviously water damaged from your pictures.
I agree, you'd need better-focused closer images to spot anything, targeting on where water may have entered. It could even be inside the SD card holder.
But I'm wondering about the possible markings above the sensor ribbon cable.

stefs

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone help me?
(Click for bigger image)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
alastair mentioned this earlier. I'm not sure what the white stuff is where the ribbon cable connects to the green board. But it looks like it is on the pins too. You might try disconnecting the ribbon cable and cleaning all the contacts (both on the board and on the ribbon cable) carefully, then sticking the ribbon cable back in.

Those connectors are a bit tricky. The little black piece holds the ribbon in place, so you need to release it with a fingernail (pull the black tab toward the middle of the board) before the ribbon will come loose, and when you put the cable back you will need to make sure you have the ribbon in all the way as you lock it down with the black plastic bit.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Was your LAN connector water proofed? Did you try it on your bench with a different patch cord?

stefs

n3wb
Reaction score
This cam works on wifi my friend.
I try to reset cam, reset software, reinstall all, but this didnt help.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It does look to me from these pictures that the area on both sides of the sensor ribbon cable connector on the main board has had water dripped on it.
Those white markings are not normal.
If the conductors on the end of the ribbon cable after removal also show marks, that would be confirmation.

stefs

n3wb
Reaction score
What i should do next?
To clean and try to see it works?

stefs

n3wb
Reaction score
i clearlly all, and i remove that cable, and when i back and pull hard, i get black and white image 2,3 seconds. Whati should do next?

upload html free

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like the ribbon cable still has corrosion in between the fingers at the end.
It may be worth trying very carefully to scrape between them (NOT across them) with a narrow point - maybe a small screwdriver edge - just enough to remove some of the corrosion. But not enough to scrape the surface of the ribbon itself.
And do you still have the cable clamp in place- the plastic piece that holds the ribbon in place in the connector?

stefs

n3wb
Reaction score
yes, but i dont know how to back it my friend.,,

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If the plastic clamp part of the connector is not in place, the ribbon cable will not make a proper connection with the connector.
You can insert the plastic clamp part back into the connector with no ribbon cable inserted.
Then move the plastic clamp part out maybe about 1-2mm
Then insert the ribbon cable.
Then push the plastic clamp part back in fully.

stefs

n3wb
Reaction score
Somethimes i get black and white image, somethimes purple image, somthimes lines,...
it seems i broke this (click on image for bigger size):

Can i cut it on half and put good area?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I imagine you could cut it there, but it looks like the contacts are insulated or laminated below that point. You would need to expose the contacts somehow or else you'll get no signal still.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Those ribbon cables are delicate, as you've discovered, so I'm not sure you can expose the contacts without damaging them further. Maybe you could find a new compatible ribbon at some electronics store (e.g. ebay) but I doubt it is worth your trouble.

I suggest you get a proper outdoor rated camera (Dahua or Hikvision, if you can afford them) and forget about this one.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, from the picture, that ribbon cable is damaged and not usable.
You should cut your losses and proceed as @bp2008 suggests.
You will appreciate the improved image quality, and the reliability.