DBCompact warning 1/0/0/0

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This software can be horribly annoying. I always used to get an error saying the database was in use while it was trying to perform maintenance at 2:00 am...now since BI was updated a few versions ago (I am running version 4.6.1.2), I don't get that anymore but now I get this:

DBCompact could not obtain exclusive DB access 1/0/0/0.

So now instead of an error, I get a stupid warning. Can anyone make use of this and tell me what 1/0/0/0 could possibly mean?

There is no way I am the only person getting this. Perfectly clean install and no other software running except Windows 10 64 Bit.

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep, admin account.

I have had this system up and running for around 2 months or so and it is dedicated to BI (used to be combined with Plex, etc). For probably around 1.5 of those months, all was good, no errors or warnings. Seems like as the clips.dat db file gets bigger, I tend to experience more of these warnings. Currently the clips.dat file is at 1.85 GB and all of the other .dat files are considerably smaller. Not sure if 1.85 GB is the issue or not, but it does seem quite large for a database file for this use.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, admin account.

I have had this system up and running for around 2 months or so and it is dedicated to BI (used to be combined with Plex, etc). For probably around 1.5 of those months, all was good, no errors or warnings. Seems like as the clips.dat db file gets bigger, I tend to experience more of these warnings. Currently the clips.dat file is at 1.85 GB and all of the other .dat files are considerably smaller. Not sure if 1.85 GB is the issue or not, but it does seem quite large for a database file for this use.
email support...
the database stores low res snapshots as well, so depending on the amount of clips you have, that would not be all that unusual...

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yea, good point on the images. I'll email him and see what comes of it and be sure to update this thread, because I searched for DBCompact in the forum and nothing else came up.

ITTOG

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have the exact issue as the OP. I am hoping he will come back and let us know what support said.

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have the exact issue as the OP. I am hoping he will come back and let us know what support said.
I have emailed Ken, the developer, and he said he will look into it. As of this morning, I still get this error/warning, so i am still annoyed by it. I have also seen this:

DB access 1/0/0/1, note the 1 on the end and not a 0. Ken has said that this means BI was in the process of copying a file when DB maintenance tried to happen.

When I see it fail a few times in a row, I run it manually and it always completes.

kriskross

n3wb
Reaction score
fwiw, I was getting the DBCompact error also, and changing "Compact/Repair DB each day at" to 3:30am seems to have stopped it. I figure it might have been conflicting with something else happening at 2am (BI does take periodic JPEG snapshots on my system). I was getting the message on the same BI version as the OP, then it stopped with the next BI update, and came back with the most recent update (ver 4.6.4.12).

kriskross

n3wb
Reaction score
I spoke too soon. After a couple nights not getting the message, I’ve now been getting the error message at 3:30 am for the last 3 nights. I’m going to tweak a few other things and see if it helps.

kriskross

n3wb
Reaction score
A couple of days ago I updated to V 4.6.5.2, and also rebooted the PC. Haven't had the DBCompact message for the last couple of nights, so either the reboot or the update seems to have fixed it for me.

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but am wondering if there was a resolution to this issue. I have been getting a "DBCompact could not obtain exclusive DB access" warning at 2:00 AM for the last three nights. I'm on version 5.0.6.8 for several weeks and have made no recent changes.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but am wondering if there was a resolution to this issue. I have been getting a "DBCompact could not obtain exclusive DB access" warning at 2:00 AM for the last three nights. I'm on version 5.0.6.8 for several weeks and have made no recent changes.
Update to the latest version will solve this.

whoami ™

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just had this issue and found this thread with google search. I was even getting this error clicking repair DB in the counsel. A reboot seemed to fix it for now.