DBPOWER IP Cam IP address page doesn't seem to work

qhgirl

n3wb
Reaction score
I got a DBPOWER IP cam a few years ago.. never tried to set it up but just pulled it out to try to get it working. I can get it viewed within my home network... via apps on phone and computer if they are also logged in. I have only been able to do this with ethernet cable.. despite the fact that it should allow WIFI.

When I use the camera IP address to try to log in there to manage and allow wifi (which is what every site tells me I have to do).. I put in login details as default and I click the login button and nada happens.... nothing. I have installed the activex that the page prompts on my computer.. it won't install on my samsung phone (I have tried it both places)...

I can't seem to find customer support for this company. the website on my instruction guide is no longer valid apparently.... is it possible that the IP address will not work if they are out of business? I'm a little frustrated... and honestly not super techy with this kind of thing... but all the online information tells me the website should open up so I can manage it. I was able to get into my router IP site.. so I am not completely useless.. but this camera is frustrating me.

qhgirl

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks.. I was able to get in through IE.... now on to figure out how to be able to view when I'm not in my home network.

Thanks again

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you will need to set up a VPN or an STUNNEL for secure access to your camera.

Are you planning on having more than one camera ?
Make sure your camera can NOT call home (china). Or be hacked and turned into a BOT.
Do not scan a QR code !