cheers

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hi i need a bit of help
my ip camera works fine in daylight but on a night there are no ir lights on
any ideas
cheers
Welcome to the forum. First make sure the camera is set to auto. If the lights turn on but you still cant see, the IR cut filter is stuck, you can try hitting it or a magnet to unstick it.. In the future, stay away from those junk cameras, there are much better options.

mex

n3wb
Reaction score
hi thanks for reply
how do i set camera to auto
the camera was free

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Bang it at night or put a rare earth magnet around the housing til you hear a click. Those things might help a stuck IR filter if the lights turn on. If not, log into the camera's web controls and look around. You won't get advice on how to do that without knowing what camera you have. There's also the possibility that you got it free for a reason- it's broken. If so, then find a daytime only job for it or add lots of white light for night use. If the camera clicks afer it goes dark but you get no IR lights coming on, add an external IR illuminator because the IR ring is probably dead but the filter is still retracting.

mex

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for that will hit it tonight
the camera is a db power va039k had a look in the settings but could not see anything about auto mode unless its on the camera, not very good with cameras as you can tell
cheers

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry, missed it in the title. Oops. I read on my phone at times and the titles are often unreadably small when I click on them.