Dead F18910W--anything I can do.

Reaction score
After 2 years of service, the Foscam F18910W has died all of a sudden (I think it happened after a effect power outage). Funny thing is for the longest time it was very finicky, if I picked up the camera and moved it (w/o unplugging, it would reset or loose connection all together.

Anyhow, the other day, the camera speed working all together, connected to my router / laptop / then attempted to reset, but no response, no lights on the back (except the red power light). Is there anything I can attempt to save it?

I searched the internet and forums, but wasn't able to find any solutions - - any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suspect if you knew how to repair circuitry you'd of never bought that camera to begin with.. WiFi or Wired? if wired before you chunk it into the bin and put another camera in its spot, put a cable tester on that run and verify its continuity.. if your using PoE and Physically moving the camera caused it to loose connection screams that you have a bad cable.

Reaction score
It was always on a wireless connection. I tried to connect with two different Ethernet cables (verified working)--no dice.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
then its trash, foscams are known for alot of things, but dependability is not one of em..

before you rush out and replace it with another foscam, I'd urge you to look at people's opinions of them here.. alot of our users have been completely burned by foscam in the past and have since moved onto better things.. If you liked that camera and thought it was affordable your going to be blown away by how much better nearly everything else out there is.. there is a reason everyone calls foscam's a 'Fucking Obvious Scam'

I'd also urge you to take this opportunity to abandon WiFi... you have to run a wire to it for power, so pull an ethernet cable or at very least use powerline networking.. I have an app on my phone that can make any WiFi camera drop off your network at will... plus you can rarely get more than 2 Cameras on WiFi before it starts to choke out from lack of throughput.

Reaction score
then its trash, foscams are known for alot of things, but dependability is not one of em..

before you rush out and replace it with another foscam, I'd urge you to look at people's opinions of them here.. alot of our users have been completely burned by foscam in the past and have since moved onto better things.. If you liked that camera and thought it was affordable your going to be blown away by how much better nearly everything else out there is.. there is a reason everyone calls foscam's a 'Fucking Obvious Scam'

I'd also urge you to take this opportunity to abandon WiFi... you have to run a wire to it for power, so pull an ethernet cable or at very least use powerline networking.. I have an app on my phone that can make any WiFi camera drop off your network at will... plus you can rarely get more than 2 Cameras on WiFi before it starts to choke out from lack of throughput.
What do you recommend for brands to consider? Again, lots of different information/opinions on the net...

Looked at Amcrest, guess they are Foscam subsidiary so I should pass.

LeeH

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hikvision 2032 can be had on eBay for £60 ish. The difference between yours and that is night and day.

I started on the FoScams and then found this place.

kirbymurphy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It was always on a wireless connection. I tried to connect with two different Ethernet cables (verified working)--no dice.

Just sent back my second Amcrest/Foscam 722 bullet. Always dropping connection and the camera would often blink. Bought a Hikvision DS-2CD2032F-IW and it's been great for 2 days. No dropped connection, no flashing video and a lot sharper-day and night. It was $111 on Amazon, about $20 more than the Shamcrest. Easy choice.