dealership prowler

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Our team picked this guy up as he entered the lot. It looks like he may have taken a pee, then decided to walk the lot. It also looks like he covers his face when he gets close to the building. I'm not sure if he sees the PTZ following him or not. The subject then decides to walk off of the lot and back to where he came from. We still think that this may have been a test from our customer. The PTZ is a 2mp Hikvision. It does not have horizon capabilities. You can see the very first zoom in, the camera will not no go high enough to stay on the horizon so it needs to stay zoomed out a bit. The camera is mounted about 15-18 feet high on the building.

suddenstop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That dealership is pretty well lit. Did you call the police or do you try and see if they are doing anything? He definitely knew where the camera was and clearly blocks his head, and when he went under the overhang it's when you have to worry if they are breaking in. I like you assessment of customer test, based on what I saw that's a good bet. Is it a newer account? They need more cameras :)

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Agree that this was the customer testing the capabilities of both their camera system AND the monitoring services they paid for.