Dealership Wheel Theft

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Monitored cameras - not as common as monitored alarms. But growing.
For now, not as cheap as monitored alarms.
Google, Amazon, Apple, Msft and other are working on AI (artificial intelligence). Maybe that will bring the cost down. O make it easier to "self monitor", by weeding out a lot of false alarms.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice vid.for a sec I thought it was auto tracking.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Much respect for the Police responding to the theft so quickly and apprehending the suspects... the restraint they used was incredible. The responding officers rushed into an unknown situation where the suspects could've been armed and dangerous. K-9 unit would've been excellent in this specific environment. Suspects were young and able to low-crawl and then scram toward those wetlands. K-9 officer(s) would've been able to fish them out of that wet, crappy environment - actually the pups would've been able to apprehend them BEFORE they reached the wetlands! Anyway, excellent response. Respect and gratitude to the Police.

MakoMillenium

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Audio challenge would have moved them on before damage was done but when the police respond that quickly the best outcome was the arrest. Criminals undeterred by security floodlighting.

wetto

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
LOL you cant make this shit up theres a fucking cornfield behind the dealer.

The_Penguin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Impressive video quality.
welp, did a little digging and found it to be a Hikvision HIK-DS2DF6236AEL its a 36x zoom
Googled it, holy *&^%!!! the price of that! I guess with 36x zoom and that awesome low-light performance....

injunear

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Geez, what kind of morons would try and steal rims off a well lit vehicle lot like this and think they would get away with them?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Geez, what kind of morons would try and steal rims off a well lit vehicle lot like this and think they would get away with them?
most of the time they do...they only got caught because the area was live monitored...

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
most of the time they do...they only got caught because the area was live monitored...
99 percent of the time they get away with it. When they get caught, the charge is usually burglary of an unoccupied conveyance, which usually gets plead out after a year or so. These guys get six months probation. We have caught multiple people who are out on bond, awaiting trial for a burglary case already. High rewards, low risk, low consequences, better than the stock market.