Decent baby camera which works with BI

Reaction score
Hi

I have a BI setup with 3 cameras and we have a baby on the way. I want to use an IP camera as a baby cam but am unsure what one would be best?

I see the Hikvision CUBE come up a lot but there is mention of a cheaper alternative, although Amazon don't seem to have this.

Should I just stump up for the Hikvision?

Half temped by something like this:

Seems worth a punt for £21.

Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suggest you consider the Amcrest IP2M-841 (re-branded Dahua) . It's ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p, IR, has micro-SD card slot, 2-way audio (built-in speaker and mike) plus mike in/speaker out jacks, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, wired or wireless and has alarm in/out, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Available in white, black or silver for under $60.

I have installed it and it's lower-res cousin (720p) , the IPM-721 at 5 locations in 3 years with no hiccups. The most recent firmware provides operation with Google Chrome browser with no plug-in.

EDIT 4/1/21: V3 of the IP2M-841 does NOT provide relay I/O nor jacks for an external mic and speaker.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I suggest you consider the Amcrest IP2M-841 (re-branded Dahua) . It's ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p, IR, has micro-SD card slot, 2-way audio (built-in speaker and mike) plus mike in/speaker out jacks, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, wired or wireless and has alarm in/out, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Available in white, black or silver for under $60.

I have installed it and it's lower-res cousin (720p) , the IPM-721 at 5 locations in 3 years with no hiccups. The most recent firmware provides operation with Google Chrome browser with no plug-in.
+1 for this camera. I have two of them now. Had one for a new puppy camera a while ago. Has since been made into my garage camera. I just ordered a second one for our second puppy so we can check in on him during the day. I wish it had optical zoom but the digital zoom does what I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

@TonyR, can Blue Iris do full-duplex "talk" with this model, or do you have to toggle between talk (mic) and listen (headphones)?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@TonyR, can Blue Iris do full-duplex "talk" with this model, or do you have to toggle between talk (mic) and listen (headphones)?
Honestly, not sure...I only listen at this point. I did try once and got acoustic feedback using the BI app in an iPhone when I attempted to speak while listen was enabled.
However, I think a desktop would provide better isolation vs. a smartphone and therefore, no feedback.

Reaction score
Thanks All.

I am in the UK so getting some of the models mentioned is not as easy, the Amcrest one seems to be £89.99 on Amazon UK which is over twice the price as the US Amazon.

Still looking at the moment, tempted with this:

Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks All.

I am in the UK so getting some of the models mentioned is not as easy, the Amcrest one seems to be £89.99 on Amazon UK which is over twice the price as the US Amazon.

Still looking at the moment, tempted with this:

Thanks
I would avoid that brand and Wanscam.
Please go back and re-read @VorlonFrog 's post # 4 here and search for that Foscam he suggested.

Reaction score
I would avoid that brand and Wanscam.
Please go back and re-read @VorlonFrog 's post # 4 here and search for that Foscam he suggested.
Two FDT cameras on Ebay uk, both from Hong Kong. None in the UK at all.

is FDT also Foscam then?

This one looks ok?

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.