Decoder not initialised

Ray1946

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have 3 cameras connected to Blue Iris 4. Two of the cameras work fine, but the third one works fine for a minute or so and then goes off and it says ( no signal) and (decoder not initialised )then after a few seconds it comes on. It keeps repeating all over again.
Also since I updated Blue Iris to 4 It will only find the cameras if I switch the pc off and then switch on.
Regards Ray.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the manufacturer and model number of the problem camera. Is it the same as the work g cameras ?

Is the camera hardwired or wifi ?

If hardwired take it down and connect it to the switch/ PC with a purchased Ethernet cable and test.

How are you powering the camera ?

Ray1946

n3wb
Reaction score
There is no name or model number on the cameras, they are all the same. The cameras are all connected with an ethernet cable approx. 10metres

They are powered by mains adapters supplied with the cameras.cctv cam.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is no name or model number on the cameras, they are all the same. The cameras are all connected with an ethernet cable approx. 10metres

They are powered by mains adapters supplied with the cameras.View attachment 39541
disable hardware acceleration for that camera in the video tab (in bi)

Ray1946

n3wb
Reaction score
Tried disabling as you suggested but made no difference, I tried disabling the hardware acceleration as well on the other cameras, but still no good