decrypt hik 2725 firmware

sc8029

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am trying to decrypt Hikvision firmware for a 2725 camera and can not seem to find anything that works. I saw this note on here re: decrypting hikvision firmware. The hikpak_25.zip is not available from rghost and the openssl command fails for me. Any help is appreciated - thanks

sc8029

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@rearanger thank you for your help. I was able to locate leachers unpacker and use it. I was hoping to have digicap.dav decrypted but not extracted in one step. it sounds like I need montecrypto's minisys. I did a quick search and the only relevant link I found is back to this discussion. do you know where I can find that tool?

rearanger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
See the g1 thread I posted a link too for montecrypto's minisys

. Unsure what you actually want to do to the cam. G1 firmware is protected with an RSA key.

sc8029

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
thanks again @rearanger and @alastairstevenson this worked well. I appreciate the help and donated to ipcamtalk as a thank you. Now I am want to try the same with Dahua which is also encrypted. Do you know of similar tool for this firmare for the N45DL7Z?

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I can add no real value but just curious what is the point of doing this?

sc8029

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was able to use the hik sdk to help with some of that as well, but yes, more is needed. i wish i found this site sooner :)

avwiseav

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes you can unpack it.

just use leachers unpacker (in Linux)

./hik_repack10 -u digicap.dav en (to unpack)

./hik_repack10 -r digicap.dav en newdav (to repack if using montecrypto's minisys)
Could you give a copy of leachers unpacker?

rearanger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The author removed the source and requested i do not distribute the compiled file. I must respect his wishes.