Dedicated PoE Lights

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Are there any dedicated PoE lights available? I feel like LED's are cheap and efficient to power over one Cat5/6 Ethernet Cable. I'd rather not have the light integrated into a camera. I was thinking of a dedicated PoE light that activates when motion is detected via the camera's IVS. The motion lights sold at the big box stores are not too reliable; animals trigger them all the time.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
they seem to exist: LED Architectural Emergency Light - poe but probably cheaper to just put a PoE splitter on any 12v light of your choice... and if you power it from a smart switch that lets you turn individual PoE ports on/off from the webUI, then "bob's your uncle"...

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
With a capable PoE Switch, I would prefer avoiding PoE splitters simply for convenience. It is obvious that these PoE lights will not illuminate as bright as those lights connected directly to a power source (110V/220V). However, I would it more reliable if a stand-alone PoE light would be integrated into a CCTV system :)

they seem to exist: LED Architectural Emergency Light - poe but probably cheaper to just put a PoE splitter on any 12v light of your choice... and if you power it from a smart switch that lets you turn individual PoE ports on/off from the webUI, then "bob's your uncle"...