Deepstack: JPGs No Longer Have Object Rectangles

Reaction score
Hello all. This is my first post on IPCamTalk. Before posting I searched and looked around and couldn't find an answer to my question, so I hope this hasn't already been covered in another thread. If it has, please forgive me!

My issue: object rectangles are no longer showing on the alert JPGs
Camera: Amcrest ASH43-W wifi
NVR: Blue Iris w/Deepstack enabled
Configuration: I followed everything in this video

The rectangles were working flawlessly for the last month or so until I added a second camera. They show correctly on the second camera, just not the Amcrest, same exact settings in BI. I double checked the Motion Sensor settings and "Highlight" is set to "Show object rectangles" and "Only when triggered" is checked. I've tried changing this setting to all of the other options and cannot get the rectangles back. I even deleted the camera and re-added it with no luck.

Does anyone have any idea how to get these to show on the JPGs again? Thanks in advance!

My Motion Sensor settings:
1634433502049.png

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That is in the Artificial Intelligence setting for the camera, not in the BI motion detection section. On the "Trigger" page, click the button for Artificial Intelligence about midway down on the right of that window. Then click the "burn in" box on the left side.

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, I have that checked as well, see image below. I can't figure out why it stopped working after adding the second camera. All of my cameras have identical settings and this is the only one that won't show the rectangles.

1634448568751.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you try the ole reboot the computer trick. It has fixed a lot of issues people have had with BI since Deepstack was introduced.

The other option is to copy the other camera so that you get all of its settings and then change the IP to this new camera.

Another option is to delete the camera and re-add from scratch.

Reaction score
Mike, I've got that set to 5 seconds as well. I'm at a loss as to what it might be. When you delete a camera, does it get rid of all of the settings or do some remain if you add it back with the same name and settings? Maybe something is stuck in the registry somewhere.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you delete the camera all of the settings are erased. Any video will stay though.

Many people have had a problematic camera and simply deleting it and re-adding gets it to work.

Not a repeatable bug and doesn't happen for everyone.

Reaction score
Did you try the ole reboot the computer trick. It has fixed a lot of issues people have had with BI since Deepstack was introduced.

The other option is to copy the other camera so that you get all of its settings and then change the IP to this new camera.

Another option is to delete the camera and re-add from scratch.
I didn't catch this reply earlier.

Windows was waiting for a reboot to update, so I updated it, restarted, and then upgraded Blue Iris and Deepstack to the latest versions. I also changed the number of objects DS should be detecting on this camera. Let's see if all of that helped. Thanks!!

Reaction score
Welp, not sure which part fixed it, but it's working again. Now I'm back to receiving a TON of false positives on a palm tree that DS thinks is a person... lol! I don't know why the static object detection doesn't seem to work, but that's another discussion.

Thank you to everyone that posted!

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Windows was waiting for a reboot to update, so I updated it....
I have noticed more than once when BI starts acting "odd" that there is a pending Windows update. Not sure what specificly causes the "wonkyness", but completing the windows update with restart always seems to get it going again.

Reaction score
I have noticed more than once when BI starts acting "odd" that there is a pending Windows update. Not sure what specificly causes the "wonkyness", but completing the windows update with restart always seems to get it going again.
I've noticed this with Windows in general. Everything starts acting up, so I'll check to see if it's waiting to reboot for an update and sure enough, there it is. I think Microsoft slowly degrades your experience to get you to reboot when updates are pending. They know that's the first troubleshooting step everyone takes when things aren't working right, so they've built it into the OS. lol, it's annoying, but kind of funny at the same time.

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've noticed this with Windows in general. Everything starts acting up, so I'll check to see if it's waiting to reboot for an update and sure enough, there it is. I think Microsoft slowly degrades your experience to get you to reboot when updates are pending. They know that's the first troubleshooting step everyone takes when things aren't working right, so they've built it into the OS. lol, it's annoying, but kind of funny at the same time.
I have auto update turned off, but wish I could tell it to not even look or accept notices from Microsoft (not sure if this is a pull or a push thing).

carlitos03

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all. This is my first post on IPCamTalk. Before posting I searched and looked around and couldn't find an answer to my question, so I hope this hasn't already been covered in another thread. If it has, please forgive me!

My issue: object rectangles are no longer showing on the alert JPGs
Camera: Amcrest ASH43-W wifi
NVR: Blue Iris w/Deepstack enabled
Configuration: I followed everything in this video

The rectangles were working flawlessly for the last month or so until I added a second camera. They show correctly on the second camera, just not the Amcrest, same exact settings in BI. I double checked the Motion Sensor settings and "Highlight" is set to "Show object rectangles" and "Only when triggered" is checked. I've tried changing this setting to all of the other options and cannot get the rectangles back. I even deleted the camera and re-added it with no luck.

Does anyone have any idea how to get these to show on the JPGs again? Thanks in advance!

My Motion Sensor settings:
View attachment 105113
Hi.. I have been trying for several days top add my Amcrest ASH43-W to my Blue Iris without success.. I have other Amcrest cameras there.. I can see and use my ASH43-W on the Amcrest app, so I have no idea what to do... I have followed the instructions on the Amcrest page to no avail. Can you please share with me your Video Settings page for this camera? I really appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Carlos

Reaction score
Hi.. I have been trying for several days top add my Amcrest ASH43-W to my Blue Iris without success.. I have other Amcrest cameras there.. I can see and use my ASH43-W on the Amcrest app, so I have no idea what to do... I have followed the instructions on the Amcrest page to no avail. Can you please share with me your Video Settings page for this camera? I really appreciate your help!
Sure thing! All you should have to do is use HTTP with the IP (with the ports in the image), enter the user/pass, and click Find/inspect and it should grab all of the data for you. I hope this helps.

1636911296869.png