Deepstack not pushing alerts at night

Reaction score
Been using Deepstack for a few months now and overall, have been very happy with it. Still learning the ins and outs of it but I'm getting better. Right now I have it set to only send push alerts to my phone when Deepstack identifies a person or a vehicle. It works FANTASTIC in the day time, but it's not pushing alerts when people and vehicles trigger the camera at night. I will look at the alerts that weren't flagged and that it didn't send push alerts for, and the camera is being triggered, but the Deepstack AI is not identifying it. Just wondering how we fix this cause night time is when we want those alerts the most!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Use the custom dark model.

But without seeing your field of view for each camera, you may be pushing the limits of what is possible even with a dark model.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Try the dark model, dark.pt, available from the DeepStack website. The other thing is that relative size, brightness and contrast may need adjustment. Remember we can idetify a car by the head or tail lights, DeepStack can't.

Reaction score
Sorry I'm kind of new to this. What is the dark.pt and how do I use/install it?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Read thee information on the DeepStack site. It explains how to install all versions of DeepStack and how to use available custom models or even build your own custom model.

dz93

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok. I think I got it. Thank you!
In the deepstack settings in your camera trigger tab, how many real time images are you sending to deepstack and how fast (1s,750ms,500ms,250ms)? And are you using deepstack GPU or CPU?