Deepstack Object detection stopped working

Skispcs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Blue Iris 5.5.7.11 and Deepstack Sep 21 Windows GPU version.

Everything was working fine until about 4PM on the 12th of July.
At that point Blue Iris is reporting that all calls to deepstack are timing out.

Log entry: Deepstack: Alert cancelled [DeepStack: timeout] 11937ms

Prior to 4PM calls to deepstack were typically around 150 to 250ms.

Nothing that I know of has changed, no driver updates.
CPU, memory, GPU util are all low.

System has been rebooted.

What else can I look at in order to try to diagnose the problem?

tofu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This happened to me a few times reboot usually fixed it. One time it was due to deepstack creating a lot of temp files that I needed to delete

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Look in C:\DeepStack\redis for .rdb files. I had so many at one point that it was in danger of crashing the system due to lack of disk space on C:\. There is always a file called "dump.rdb" in that directory and that's fine.

If all else fails, shut down BI. Uninstall DeepStack. Re-install DeepStack and see if that fixes it. If not, rinse and repeat but also uninstall all the CUDA stuff. Then do a complete re-install and you should be good to go. DS can be finicky at times.

Skispcs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Look in C:\DeepStack\redis for .rdb files. I had so many at one point that it was in danger of crashing the system due to lack of disk space on C:\. There is always a file called "dump.rdb" in that directory and that's fine.

If all else fails, shut down BI. Uninstall DeepStack. Re-install DeepStack and see if that fixes it. If not, rinse and repeat but also uninstall all the CUDA stuff. Then do a complete re-install and you should be good to go. DS can be finicky at times.
Thank You for the reply.
C:\ drive is 800GB free

About 33 rdb files in the directory

Thank You

Skispcs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As a follow up.
In preparation to uninstall/reinstall of Deepstack, I went into BI and stopped the service.

Then I went to task manger to make sure the processes had stopped so I could delete the directory.

I found a python process still running using about 1,700 MB of memory and 0% CPU. It should not have been there so I killed it and then restarted Deepstack through BI and now it is working again.

Edited to correct spelling.

Last edited: