Delay taking of Alert Clips being sent via text message

RCC

n3wb
Reaction score
How to a delay the taking of the clip/photo?
frontdoor.20180706_153517_757147.jpg
I have my BI set up to text me a photo when some walks up to my front door.. The problem is that it takes the clip (photo) before the person is fully in the photo. I am unable to use ALERTs-Timer: Wait until trigger at least due to the problem with shadows. So I can only using a thin line of Hotspot Zone vs traveling beween one or two zones options. Too many moving shadow when the wind blows. If the alert would only wait 2 seconds then it would be the individuals face, at least.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How to a delay the taking of the clip/photo? View attachment 31197 I have my BI set up to text me a photo when some walks up to my front door.. The problem is that it takes the clip (photo) before the person is fully in the photo. I am unable to use ALERTs-Timer: Wait until trigger at least due to the problem with shadows. So I can only using a thin line of Hotspot Zone vs traveling beween one or two zones options. Too many moving shadow when the wind blows. If the alert would only wait 2 seconds then it would be the individuals face, at least.
dont use hotspot, it is causing your false alarms.

Reactions: RCC

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Setup 2 zones and utilize zone crossing.

Reactions: RCC

RCC

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. Much better. I got rid of hotspots and set up a Zone A and B with zone crossing. I am concerned that the bush shadows will cross zones when blowing. Which is why I had it originally as a hot zone in the top right where bush shadows did not show. Zone A is now that zone with Zone B in the bush shadows. Should work, will have to see next time it wind blow and adjust accordingly. Again, thanks