Delete ... Nothing To Do?

TheLAD

n3wb
Reaction score
This message is being logged every minute. What does it mean?

delete nothing to do.png

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
What does your "New" and "Stored" clip/archive configuration look like in BI?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
are you continuously recording ?
What is the space and drive/folder sizes set for the new and stored. It appears that you are not using stored.
What are you combine and cut settings on your cameras.

BI checks to see if space is need to be freed up, So it looks that it is check on what to delete. My system does this about once per hour.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
are you continuously recording ?
What is the space and drive/folder sizes set for the new and stored. It appears that you are not using stored.
What are you combine and cut settings on your cameras.

BI checks to see if space is need to be freed up, So it looks that it is check on what to delete. My system does this about once per hour.
Mine seems to check this every 5 minutes.... Is that setting somewhere?

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Setting is circled in orange.
Sorry, meant is there a setting for when it checks to see if things need to be deleted? Not worried about the logging of it, but when I looked at the log I noticed it's every 5 minutes, didn't know if that could be changed or if Blue Iris decides when it needs to check? Not really an issue for me, everything is working the way it is.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
The frequency of the checks will entirely depend on how quickly you are filling/using the disk space and the settings for clip size and combine as BI needs to keep on top of the free space so that it doesn’t stall.

So being able to set when it checks would make no sense as you could set it to 2 hours but BI needs to free up space right now to write the next clip.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just thought that if I cut my clips at 1 hour, it would only have to check every hour or so, but I guess there is some algorithm in there so it determines when. No big deal, it works for me!

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I just checked my logs and for me it seems to check every 2.5 hours, can’t really explain why except that on my disks I do have around 40Gb free and not reserved for BI, wonder if that might make difference. The other thing is I have my clip size set to 1Gb or 1 hour to make more manageable clips.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mine is set to 1 hour or 4 GB, each of my clips seem to be around 1.9 GB...