Delete Space on SD card?

Reaction score
Hi I have the IPC-T5241H-AS-PV.

Is there a way to delete certain days on the SD card without erasing the entire thing? It is mounted high up and I cant pull the SD car out. I dont see a way to do this in the standard web interface.

I could download the events that I need and then clear the entire thing, but if I could somehow delete the days I know I dont need that would be easier for now.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I have the IPC-T5241H-AS-PV.

Is there a way to delete certain days on the SD card without erasing the entire thing? It is mounted high up and I cant pull the SD car out. I dont see a way to do this in the standard web interface.

I could download the events that I need and then clear the entire thing, but if I could somehow delete the days I know I dont need that would be easier for now.
No. There is no need to micro manage your sd card. Just let it do its thing.

Reaction score
No. There is no need to micro manage your sd card. Just let it do its thing.
Yes, but it is almost full and I need certain days off of it as I am recording only to the SD card and dont have a blue iris setup yet. I dont have time to pull the certain dates off yet and my crazy X will be here in the AM with my kid and I want to keep the other days where she was here causing problems.

That leaves me with down loading certain events and then having to format the card to erase it, but dont have time to do that tonight. I was hoping I could just clear say this entire weekend when there was nothing I needed to keep.

Is there another way to get into the SD card through a computer perhaps and delete all the events on certain dates?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You don’t have to format. It will delete the oldest.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can download what ever clips you want to keep from the SD card. Use a web browser, point it to the camera, log into camera, then click on the Playback tab.