Deleted clips

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i had a clip from the 14th that is not showing in my clips within blue iris anymore so assume it has been deleted.
My question is, when it gets deleted does it go into a different folder or is it deleted for good ?
Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i had a clip from the 14th that is not showing in my clips within blue iris anymore so assume it has been deleted.
My question is, when it gets deleted does it go into a different folder or is it deleted for good ?
Thanks
Depends on how you setup the clips and archiving tab.

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve never changed anything in regard to that, so it’s just the default settings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve never changed anything in regard to that, so it’s just the default settings.
You should....look at the current settings and it will tell you where the file is...you likely need to increase the storage limits. Default is very low

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are the ideal settings for this fenderman, I’ve got ‘do not monitor for free space’ unchecked.
Limit size is 9gb, limit clip age = 16 days
Move to folder= stored, although I can’t find a ‘stored’ folder?
I’ve got a storage folder in the blue iris file explorer but they are just the videos of clips that are still displayed in blue iris program.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What are the ideal settings for this fenderman, I’ve got ‘do not monitor for free space’ unchecked.
Limit size is 9gb, limit clip age = 16 days
Move to folder= stored, although I can’t find a ‘stored’ folder?
I’ve got a storage folder in the blue iris file explorer but they are just the videos of clips that are still displayed in blue iris program.
the folders are all listed to the left...as you click on them you can set independent limits and actions.
never limit by days.
limit by space you have free on your hard drive...leave 5% free...

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah, ok so if I have 180gb free do I take 5% off and then split this between the new and stored folders or allocate it all to the stored folder ?
The stored folder was set to 9gb so guess the clip in question has been deleted. I’ve run a file restorer for deleted files but while it’s detected some clips from August it’s not found the clip from the 14th of this month.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, ok so if I have 180gb free do I take 5% off and then split this between the new and stored folders or allocate it all to the stored folder ?
The stored folder was set to 9gb so guess the clip in question has been deleted. I’ve run a file restorer for deleted files but while it’s detected some clips from August it’s not found the clip from the 14th of this month.
its just a rough estimate....leave 5 percent of the total drive space free...