Dell 9020 Intel Core i7-4790 16GB - Power + other thoughts

Leigh Dodd

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone give me a rough idea as to how much a Dell 9020 Intel Core i7-4790 will use in power ?
I live in France and electricity is not cheap eg. a 100W 24/7 computer will cost 130€ a year to run

Looking at maybe Google Shopping - Product not found
(The link above does work !)
Not cheap compared to US standards (500€) but best I can find

Can get an I7-8700 for 749€ new but not sure about quality (not sure why the link below has 7700K ?)
Megaport PC Intel Core i7-8700 8. génération (Sixcore) 6x 3,20GHz • 16 Go DDR4 2400 • 240Go SSD • 1000Go disque dur • Intel UHD Grap

Need a machine to run 8-10 cameras (2MP-3MP) and to reduce power consumption - would like to BI run under proxmox so that I can run my hassio home automation, Openmediavault for NAS and Syncthing at the same time.

Thanks for any feedback (hopefully)

Leigh
(English man living in France)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have power consumption numbers for that CPU running a typical BI load but I'd expect it to be well below 100W. Running Proxmox may raise or lower the power consumption since it will be a different OS responsible for adjusting power settings.

If you are very concerned about power consumption, consider figuring out how to get the Intel graphics passed through to the Windows VM for Blue Iris to use hardware acceleration.

Leigh Dodd

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the link - I'd like to get a machine just to do the BI and another for VM's, would make it easier and not "all the eggs in one basket", but just don't want the energy bills though.

Also hoping that the new AMD Ryzen 3's will lower the price of the Intel chips ha ha

Leigh