Dell releases business class 8th gen intel pc's

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is great. I need to build a 2MP Starlight 20 Camera BI system.

RoysWing

n3wb
Reaction score
For those that have been waiting. Dell has released 8th gen processors in their optiplex and vostro lines.
optiplex 3060/5060/7060 - they should start showing up in the outlet in a few months.
Business Desktops, Workstations and All-In-One PCs | Dell United States
Vostro Desktop Tower | Dell United States
Thanks Fenderman. I have been trying to jump into buying a system now for years.....So I may start off with the 8th gen. Just have to find a good deal now.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No, I don't have any data. I just like leaving headroom for expansion instead of being right on with no more room to upgrade later.

boxerfan

n3wb
Reaction score
No, I don't have any data. I just like leaving headroom for expansion instead of being right on with no more room to upgrade later.
oh I'm totally with you on that, but at the same time there's very little differences from a 6700 to a 7700, so my only next step would be an 8700 which does have a noticeable boost.

just trying to figure out at what point I may start running into issues with my 6700 and what my possible upgrade paths were

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Gotcha, I understand. I always take Fendermans advice when building BI machines. I do a mix of BI and nvr's.