Demo of Security Cam Recordings Displayed on TV

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use Emby media player connected to my TV for viewing my all my media. I just found out that I could add my NVR recordings in it. Makes watching the recordings super convenient. I also have a 4 cam Hikvision NVR connected to the same TV, but too much of a pain to use. I am using my Nvidia Shield connected to my 65" Samsung 4k TV for this usage.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
i am always looking for a way to display live feeds from my cams, my current solution is a long HDMI cable from a dedicated Pc that is running browser windows on the Tv

I have a 65 Samsung as well but the onboard browser does not allow plug ins so cant display the cams that way

Tried side loading IVMS4500 onto a firestick but as the UI is touch i cant even get a BT mouse to help so unable to install properly

Would love to hear if anyone has a decent solution for displaying stand alone IP cams onto a Tv

I have read on the forum that the new FW allows for live view with no plug ins for Chrome and FF but i am loathed to install the new FW incase it messes the cams up and really dosent help in my goal to display on the Tv
Samys run Tizen and not droid so are limited to what they can do

Last edited:

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How many cams do you wish to view at one time on your TV? With my setup, everything works using the stock Bluetooth remote, no mouse or air mouse required.

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How many cams do you wish to view at one time on your TV? With my setup, everything works using the stock Bluetooth remote, no mouse or air mouse required.
Edit: Just tested this on my Samsung TV running the Tizen OS, and it works the same as I am showing using my Nvidia Shield connected to the TV. It uses my remote that comes with the TV, again, no mouse or air mouse required.

Samsung has an Emby app and that app is what I use to display my camera recordings as shown on my video.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Are you saying that Emby shows live feeds right off the cameras Ronnie ?? NOT recordings ...live feeds
Not sure how it can tbh, its not a browser

Im looking to ditch the Pc as an intermediate, it does the job fine but the power required just to show a cam or 2 is more than i am happy to use so always looking for a low powered option like a stick or Tv app

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you saying that Emby shows live feeds right off the cameras Ronnie ?? NOT recordings ...live feeds
Not sure how it can tbh, its not a browser

Im looking to ditch the Pc as an intermediate, it does the job fine but the power required just to show a cam or 2 is more than i am happy to use so always looking for a low powered option like a stick or Tv app
No, That is a video of my recordings being displayed on my big 4k TV screen. HOWEVER, to view my LIVE cams on that TV, I use the IVMS-4500 HD app running on one of my $40 Android boxes. Once you install that app, and configure it, you no longer NEED a mouse or air mouse to open that app.........

This video at the beginning shows what the live streams look like on my TV.

Edit: I also, used an old 10" tablet I had laying around to use a a monitor. I used Velcro and some clips to mount it next to my TV, so it is ALWAYS showing the live cam pointing down my driveway. I also have an old 5" cell phone that is sitting on my desk in front of my computer monitor that is another cam monitor.

Last edited: