Demo questions lagging

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a new setup running on my amd 8 core with only two reolink rlc-422 cameras.

When i go watch the motion alert videos they are very laggy.

Is that because im in demo mode?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a new setup running on my amd 8 core with only two reolink rlc-422 cameras.

When i go watch the motion alert videos they are very laggy.

Is that because im in demo mode?

Welcome to the forum, the demo mode does not support direct to disk recording which is a must. What is your cpu usage during playback?
What exact CPU do you have?

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, the demo mode does not support direct to disk recording which is a must. What is your cpu usage during playback?
What exact CPU do you have?
Ah gotcha. I have the fx-8120 i believe.
With just two cameras its 11-12 percent. When i log in and do things with it it jumps up to 25-30 percent. When i go to camera properties it only shows 8 fps. But when im watching the alerts the frame rate is higher but it jumps like its dropping frames?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah gotcha. I have the fx-8120 i believe.
With just two cameras its 11-12 percent. When i log in and do things with it it jumps up to 25-30 percent. When i go to camera properties it only shows 8 fps. But when im watching the alerts the frame rate is higher but it jumps like its dropping frames?

Are you logging in via windows remote desktop? If so you need to set remote desktop to unrestricted in blue iris options>cameras.
What cameras are you using, what frame rate are they set to?
Also note that if you choose to use blue iris, or any other vms, that amd is a poor choice, its a power hog, it would be cheaper to replace it. Note blue iris can take advantage of intel HD for hardware acceleration.

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im using the ios app as well as internet explorer to view the alerts.

I have the cameras set in the clear setting at 30 fps and 4 megapixels.
Not sure how to set it in blueiris.

Im using the reolink rlc-422 cameras. 2 of them.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Im using the ios app as well as internet explorer to view the alerts.

I have the cameras set in the clear setting at 30 fps and 4 megapixels.
Not sure how to set it in blueiris.

Im using the reolink rlc-422 cameras. 2 of them.

There are known issues with reolink and blue iris. First set the camera to 15fps, 30 is overkill. Increase the receive buffer in blue iris to 20mb video>conifgure
In the reolink cameras set it to "Baseline" though image quality will be reduced.
https://reolink.com/faq/add-reolink-cameras-to-blue-iris/
Search the forum for reolink and you will see the issues folks are having...one poster promises reolink will have new firmware with iframe interval settings, but that has not happened yet.
Are you running these wifi?
Also, see my notes about the amd processor above - as i edited the post as you responded.

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There are known issues with reolink and blue iris. First set the camera to 15fps, 30 is overkill. Increase the receive buffer in blue iris to 20mb video>conifgure
In the reolink cameras set it to "Baseline" though image quality will be reduced.
https://reolink.com/faq/add-reolink-cameras-to-blue-iris/
Search the forum for reolink and you will see the issues folks are having...one poster promises reolink will have new firmware with iframe interval settings, but that has not happened yet.
Are you running these wifi?
Also, see my notes about the amd processor above - as i edited the post as you responded.
I did set the reolinks to baseline as i seen that topic as well.

Yes the amd was my htpc and im testing to see what route i wanted to go. Before i built a system.

These are poe wired. No wireless.

I actually just bought these to view on demand and wasnt actually going to record them. But i found this software and liked the idea.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dont build a system. You can buy an i5 skylake system for 300 or so. Search the forum for optiplex or elitedesk.

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok i have purchased the full version. Ive also installed blue iris tools to hope to solve another issue i had.

Im back to the orginal issue of streaming from blueiris to my ios device via the app. When it sends me an alert of the motion i have set it opens and plays but its skips. Like the seconds will count then stop and run real fast to catch up. Then it does it again over and over.

The other issue was before i installed blue iris tools id lose the ios apps ability to connect to the server. I would teamview in and everything looked normal. I rebooted and everything came back so i could get ios app to log back in again. This worked for a day or so then it would happen again.

Any suggestions to try now that i have the full version? Still have the reolink cameras though :(

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know it does when im on the lan with it. But i havent tried the server itself. Let me see tonight and ill report back

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well ive lost access to the webserver again. In teamviewer everything seems to be up?

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I set a static. Its going thru a vpn so i can get to it. Att wireless is blocking all ports out

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Scratch the webserver failing my vpn didnt open.

Back to the video lagging. I just had an update and it seems to have fixed the problem with that.

When i open camera properties and it loads the properties for the camera its only showing 8.59 fps and 159.65 kb/s bitrate. How to i improve that so i have 15 fps? I have it set in the camera properties?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Scratch the webserver failing my vpn didnt open.

Back to the video lagging. I just had an update and it seems to have fixed the problem with that.

When i open camera properties and it loads the properties for the camera its only showing 8.59 fps and 159.65 kb/s bitrate. How to i improve that so i have 15 fps? I have it set in the camera properties?

yes frame rates must be set in the camera. Also match the iframe interval in the camera to the frame rate.

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Under which setting in the camera? Clear fluent or balanced?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Under which setting in the camera? Clear fluent or balanced?

I dont know the reolink interface...clear fluent or balanced sound like settings in a mobile app or viewer to select, main/substreams...