Denver IPC-330 crashing / bootloop

renegade2k

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys.
Sorry for my bad english first :)

While a local sold-out i bought a "Denver IPC-330". Took a look at the specs and it wasn't anything special, but really cheap (kinda 30€), while other cams cost over 60€.
So i installed it at home, left everything at default settings and noticed, that it was only randomly reachable. Sometimes i got a pic, sometimes not. And when i got a pic, the cam was rotating, just like it booted a few seconds before.
Also the android app keep telling me, that the cam is just offline.
I started by checking the manufacturers page for firmware updates. Nothing there...
Then i reset the config to factory defaults. As it rebooted again, i configured static IP address and saw, that there is a bug, which keeps the "DNS1 Server"-setting hidden, so you must manipulate the CSS code to get a full config page. (I found this workaround on youtube) And finally it worked. The cam was reachable for a while.

Now i'm away for a week and wanted to take a look at my home.
This damn thing isn't reachable again! It takes me like 20-30 Minutes, until i get the login screen. After logging in, i see the pic for like 2-5 Minutes and then it just goes offline again :mad:

I googled for a while, but can't find anyone with the same brand and problem. To be more precisely: there is not much to find about "denver" cams at all. But as i know most of the IPcams are just clones or even cheaper fakes of big brands.
So, maybe you could help me please getting my cam to work again ... Maybe there is another firmware, which fits.

renegade2k

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, i'm back again and desassamblied it. It's a Wanscam JW0008 ...
Any ideas?