Detecting Motion but not recording

Josh B.

n3wb
Reaction score
Just ordered a NVR 5216-16p-4ks2e and 9 cameras (3) hdbw 4231f-as (6) hdw 2231r-zs through Andy fast shipping and nice cameras. Everything is set up but I'm having issues with some of the cameras, some are doing fine but some are detecting motion but not recording. I've messed with the settings and put the sensitivity way up and threshold at 5 and still just detecting motion and not recording,as well as making sure the enable button is checked and red blocked the whole camera view. It's strange because it's not all the cameras doing it and they all have the same settings. I'm no camera expert and am hoping I can get some help. Thanks!

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I haven’t used a NVR in awhile (BI guy here), but just wanted to mention that the IVS feature in these cameras is more or less an advanced version of motion detection and something you might want to take a look at.

It has to be configured directly on the camera (through the camera’s web interface) which is a bit of a PITA, but overall it should have fewer false alarms and fewer missed events.

Josh B.

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I double checked my record settings and storage settings, they are good. Since I last posted I did a reset and it worked for a little bit then went back to just detecting motion on some cameras. I will look into IVS. Thanks for the help