Detecting Motion

Jbdial1515

n3wb
Reaction score
I am setting up a new setup at our home. In the image attached, I will pick up vehicles MOST of the time but I am not picking up individuals walking down the street. I am not sure that I want the Sensitivity and Contrast being any lower. I was already getting some false alerts today with cloud cover and wind blowing.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks
JB

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Jbdial1515 Welcome to the forum...uncheck object detect/reject..thats most likely your problem..
As far as false alerts, you may want to setup a cloned camera in blue iris just for alerts and mask areas as well as set the threshold much higher so you are only notified when there is actual motion but also ensure that you dont miss any recordings..the cloned camera can be hidden so you dont see two on the screen.

Jbdial1515

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. Guess need to read up on cloning cameras bc that was a bit Greek to me :) What about it picking up motion of me waking on the road? I dropped it even further a little while ago and it still only picked me up once I stepped onto the driveway. It did not pick me up walking up and down the street closest to the house.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Guess need to read up on cloning cameras bc that was a bit Greek to me :) What about it picking up motion of me waking on the road? I dropped it even further a little while ago and it still only picked me up once I stepped onto the driveway. It did not pick me up walking up and down the street closest to the house.
You need to test it again with object detect reject disabled...
cloning a camera is simply adding the camera again with the same credentials, except this time dont set it to record...simply set the alerts..disable alerts on the first cam...then in the alert cameras general tab..make the camera hidden...in the live view, right click and uncheck show hidden cameras

Jbdial1515

n3wb
Reaction score
Still only picks me up at the end of the driveway. Not when I am walking down the street. So why does it pick up vehicles but not me walking?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Still only picks me up at the end of the driveway. Not when I am walking down the street. So why does it pick up vehicles but not me walking?
Because you are much smaller than a vehicle...you will need to reduce the size of detection...

brizey

n3wb
Reaction score
Why not just use masking over the street and a hotspot over the driveway walk area? I have a rose bush in full view about 10 feet from my camera...I just mask it out and have never had a motion event from it.

Wait...just re-read...looks like you want it to pick up street activity. Have you tried making the road a hot spot?