DGS-1100-05PD PoE-Powered 5-Port Gigabit Switch and PoE Extender

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No AC power for this switch...

https://www.amazon.com/D-Link-DGS-1100-05PD-Managed-PoE-Powered-Extender/dp/B00PVDR1U8/

The DGS-1100-05PD is powered by a PoE switch or PoE injector that can be located up to 100m away. As such, this device is intended for applications where a small 5-port Gigabit switch is required but AC power is not close by. The upstream PoE source may support either 802.3af or 802.3at. One switch port is used for the power input (port 5) and the other four ports are available as standard 10/100/1000 ports for networked devices, such as PCs, printers, etc.

PoE Extender
The DGS-1100-05PD switch can also 'pass-through' PoE power to one or two downstream PDs (such as IP Cameras, IP Phones, Wireless APs). The PoE budget for this feature is dependent on the PoE source (802.3af or 802.3at) and the PD’s PoE Classification.

PoE pass-through capability makes the DGS-1100-05PD ideal for IP Surveillance networks when cameras are located beyond 100m from the main PoE switch. As an additional benefit, because the switch is smart-managed, an administrator can control various PoE functions through the user interface, such as remotely rebooting cameras or access points, from anywhere on the network...
dgs.jpg

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, and I wonder what the budget for the two (2) ports it provides POE for? How could the total POE budget (including the switch itself) exceed that which is input? I don't see how that would be possible.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, and I wonder what the budget for the two (2) ports it provides POE for? How could the total POE budget (including the switch itself) exceed that which is input? I don't see how that would be possible.
You would input Poe+